Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Small freshwater Florida lake. It is no Lake Tahoe, but the 29 acres Lake Lloyd happens to be located right in the ideal place to host a triathlon! The size and scope of that place as a triathlon venue is spectacular to say the least

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
How is the water quality?

Man made lake

Dirt was excavated to make the banked turns on the race track

Seems like very good quality to me
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it's super clean. It's got a very impressive filtration system. I swam in it personally a couple of times. I have also never heard of a single pro complain about it. We covered the race for 3 years and I have never heard anyone personally say the water was "Yuck"

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [E_DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E_DUB wrote:
Actually it's super clean. It's got a very impressive filtration system. I swam in it personally a couple of times. I have also never heard of a single pro complain about it. We covered the race for 3 years and I have never heard anyone personally say the water was "Yuck"

Good to hear.

Do you know how the water quality is at the Clash Miami site? I am thinking of doing that race in March.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same. Great race You'll enjoy the whole vibe.

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imsparticus wrote:
E_DUB wrote:

Good to hear.

Do you know how the water quality is at the Clash Miami site? I am thinking of doing that race in March.

The Homestead-Miami Speedway lake is spring fed with a deep 50'+ hole connected directly to the Florida aquifer. For this reason, the water is pristine. See below, we were able to get usable footage underwater.

Florida spring water typically hovers around 72F. The surface water warms up with sunshine and can hover in the 74-80F depending on air
temperature and wind speed.

You can watch the recap from 2023 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSJfeoez5I

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Last edited by: dre: Nov 20, 23 14:50
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [dre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
High level draft legal racing back in Florida!

We’re excited to announce that CLASH Miami will be the host venue of the 2024 Americas Triathlon Championship Event! On March 7-8, 2024, in collaboration with USA Triathlon, we will welcome top athletes from the Elite, Junior and Para categories and the event will carry international qualifying points needed to qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympics!
#CLASHEndurance #CLASHMiami

It would be awesome if this Jason West character could follow up his 2023 win in 2024. Word on ST is he is going to draft legal racing to aim for Paris?

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are running some Black Friday deals for some of our events. Follow the link below and use the code from the ad.

Register here:
https://clashendurance.com/

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Nice to see World Triathlon in the US.

Seems like a potential PTO tour spot as well. Then West would have a touch choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [jwmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t talk to the Sprint as I did the Half but this was a fantastic event and the stadium location adds greatly to the whole vibe. Thank you to the motorcycle guy who was giving tows on the Speedway during the Test Track, what a cool memory! Organisation was excellent, there seemed to be a ton of volunteers. The fact I’m so enthused despite my WORST EVER run (epic pacing fail in hot humid conditions) says a lot. Did I say run? I meant shuffle. Will go back to do this right.
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [Gingerhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can second Gingerhound's experience at Clash Daytona. I did the long distance du and it was probably the best overall race experience I have had in my very long race career. Well organized, helpful volunteers, and cool awards (tiny race helmets). Race director Bill Christy seemed to be everywhere interacting with the athletes.

I was thinking it was going to be a one-and-done for me as holding race fitness so late in the season was tough but I am already looking forward to returning next December.

Highly recommended race!

Gingerhound, don't feel bad, I dont think anyone had a good half marathon in the heat, I know my run sucked!
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [TBV Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just want to echo these comments. I had a blast doing the half and it was defintely an awesome venue! Signage was a bit lacking at times around the venue and a lot of the employees (speedway employees I think?) weren't terribly helpful in knowing where to go. But overall it was a fun experience and the wife enjoyed hanging out in the speedway.

But it was hot, that run was miserable. Coming from the north where it's been below freezing for a few weeks to Daytona where it was hot and sticky may not have been my best idea... Either way, i certainly reccomend this race.
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [erbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll pile on.

Did the Sprint tri Saturday and the middle distance Aquabike on Sunday. Nothing but praise for the event, the organizers, the volunteers, and especially the venue. Definitely in the category of "want to do again" races.
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [Math Drifter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have done the Clash and the Florida 70.3 (Haines City), how do they compare?
Quote Reply
Re: Clash Daytona AG sprint race experience [Gingerhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gingerhound wrote:
Can’t talk to the Sprint as I did the Half but this was a fantastic event and the stadium location adds greatly to the whole vibe. Thank you to the motorcycle guy who was giving tows on the Speedway during the Test Track, what a cool memory! Organisation was excellent, there seemed to be a ton of volunteers. The fact I’m so enthused despite my WORST EVER run (epic pacing fail in hot humid conditions) says a lot. Did I say run? I meant shuffle. Will go back to do this right.

Love that you enjoyed our event and we look forward to hosting you again!

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We must have done it right to be getting this much praise on ST!!! Love that you all enjoyed the fruits of our labor and even more proud that you took your valuable time to post here about it.

It hit 80f on Sunday for the long course races and boy was I glad we chose to make the run 3 loops with the section under the stadium. 3.6 of the 13.1mi were under the stadium in the shade. 15 total chances for aid in the 13.1mi.

2 days post event we dropped into the 40s and a seasonal normal high in the mid/upper 60s.

Hope to see you all again and would love to see you in Miami as well!

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While the heat and humidity weren’t much different under the grandstand, I was grateful to get under there so nobody spectating could witness my shuffle!
Quote Reply

Prev Next