Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Group Ride Etiquette/Ride Leader Rant...or am I just a spazz? UPDATE [OnThaCouch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all--

First off, I wanted to thank all the slowtwitchers that posted suggestions and feedback. I wanted to also post a follow up. Over the week I received an email from another club that include a great article on pack riding and paceline etiquette. I emailed it to our entire club. I got a great response from the club about how these guideline would be helpful on our "beginner/no-drop" rides.

I went to the "no-drop" ride last night and it was great. Ride leader was there and actually thanked me for sending out the email. He admitted that last week got a bit out of character for how the ride was supposed to go. He said he was going to be on top of it for future rides. Rules/ride tone was outlined from the top as well as the sprint zones and regroup spots. Pace was moderate and much more relaxed. People were having a good time. Ride leader and a few of the more experienced riders were checking in with all the riders. Everyone was safe and I think had a pretty good ride.

I guess the lesson learned for me was if you see something you think is "broken" step up with a solution. Sometimes these things work out for the better.

Tom

ps...for any NorCal folks looking to get a great early season tri in, don't forget about the IceBreaker on Sunday out a Folsom Lake. www.tbfracing.com We are also still looking for some kayak savvy volunteers. Get a cool t-shirt, food, RedBull, and a voucher good for $40 towards race entry. See the website for more details.

Embrace the suck--Anon.

Eagles Race Team--Napa CA
Quote Reply

Prev Next