Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Different goggles for different races?
Quote | Reply
Do you wear different goggles for different lengths of races? And if so, what goggle style (i.e. seal mask, sweedes, etc.) would you recommend for an IM?

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Different goggles for different races? [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, dark goggles in sun, light in cloudy conditions. I usually wear sweedes for training, but don't like them for racing because if you get kicked in the face they can cut you. For racing I like the goggle speedo makes that have a similar profile to sweedes but have a little bit of padding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally only wear my prescription goggles for races becase they cost twice as much as the non-prescription ones. After swimming in some bright sunshine one race last summer, I got a pair of prescription goggles whose lenses are darker to go with the set that have clear ones. Other than that, I think that if you find a brand and model of goggles that fit you well, then buy a couple pairs and wear them all of the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vary by light conditions, (swedes in metallic/UV protection for bright, light smoke color for dark mornings) but not by distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Different goggles for different races? [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you wear swedes for IM. I haven't done my first IM yet, just planning it out, and sometimes the swedes even fall out when I do a fast rollover in the pool, I can imagine with all the kicking and turbulence and stuff...
Quote Reply
Re: Different goggles for different races? [moose8500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't do IMs, but they work out fine for me for ocean 1/2 IMs, and some open water races that would have scared off any non-fish triathlete.

But then I'm good at using my elbows to make space for me in crowded situations.
Quote Reply