Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

flying to half-vineman
Quote | Reply
anybody know whats the best city to fly into to do half-vineman? thanks a bunch! john
Quote Reply
Re: flying to half-vineman [texasbound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest San Francisco or Oakland!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, either SFO or Oakland. It is still bit of a drive either way......

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that San Jose or Monterrey are closer and Southwest flies into SJO if you fly with the Love airline.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew into Sacramento... not the closest airport... but maaaaan that drive has got to be one of the most beautiful drives i have ever done. AWESOME!!! Straight through the Mayacama Mountains.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always found it cheapest to fly into Oakland. From there it is about a 1.5 hour drive to Santa Rosa.

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: flying to half-vineman [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
San Jose and Monterrey are a lot FURTHER away. I'd fly into Oakland, they get 1/2 the delays of SFO and you don't have to deal with the bay bridge traffic.

Count on 1.5 hours from Oakland to Santa Rosa during the day, about 1 hour later in the evening. Traffic here in the bay area sucks from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

Oakland is the bay areas biggest Southwest Airlines hub. Also has a few united, jet blue, america west and Alaska. Never seen a Delta, Northwest or Continental plane there in my 10 years of flying in and out just about every month.

It should be a great weekend, my wife's first HIM.

Cheers, Karma

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SFO is ok if you can get in late afternoon - mid day or after 7 or so( after 3 you are screwed as I recall but its been awhile since I lived there). Definitely DO NOT fly to San Jose OR Monterey unless you really want a tour of Bay Area freeways and extra traffic or you are planning on sight seeing in Monterey. Sac is an option as it will take you about 1.5 to 1:45 with no traffic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey John ... OAK or SFO will do the trick for you coming out here. SAC can work but can be a bit of a hassle too. SFO & OAK usually get you better rates ... Southwest to OAK works for a lot of folks.

As others mentioned regarding traffic ... try to be on the ground by 1pm or so and head north ASAP ... northbound traffic is ugly after 3pm and even uglier on FRIDAY. You also end up in heavy traffic spots near Petaluma and into Sant Rosa by leaving later as well. It will be half the drive time and much more enjoyable (and relaxing) drive if you get in early.

Travel safe and email the vineman office if you have more questions.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply