Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So, umm, how the heck do you set the "smoothing" on a Garmin 305 Forerunner?
Quote | Reply
On page 46 of the US owners manual it talks about setting smoothing, but no where that I've found in the manual does it tell you how to do it.

I know I'm an idiot and I'm missing something here. Any 305 Forerunner experts out there?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: So, umm, how the heck do you set the "smoothing" on a Garmin 305 Forerunner? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, I am an idiot. It's on page 45....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: So, umm, how the heck do you set the "smoothing" on a Garmin 305 Forerunner? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are trying to get the current pace function to work, give it up.

The rest of the features work beautifully, but this one is useless.
Quote Reply
Re: So, umm, how the heck do you set the "smoothing" on a Garmin 305 Forerunner? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the distance appears to display in feet in the lower right display... Hmm. I'm trying to get that changed too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have one these but have owned a few other garmin products. My bet is that as you move the feet will automagically change to miles at some distance.
Quote Reply
Re: So, umm, how the heck do you set the "smoothing" on a Garmin 305 Forerunner? [tridptri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, what you said.

The only choices are metric and English units.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bounce it off the ground once or twice, that should smooth it out some.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply