Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Anybody knows what helmet Magnus is using here? Looks like the Uvex. (that he has used in the past) But it has this "line" of material just by the edge of the ear, made me doubt

Sure looks like the Uvex to me, with the eye shield removed. The "fine details" may not be showing due to the lighting. You can see the "ridge" or line in this photo - I'd suspect the stuff on the earflaps is to "trip" the wind to keep it attached longer?? Very interesting way to mount the front bottle, as well as the two rear which are vertically positioned!

Last edited by: Hanginon: Nov 14, 22 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or it could be a new Uvex prototype? Initially he should be in a Scott helmet, I assume.
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Here even more visible:

Looks like a UVEX. Maybe a new one. Looks like deflectors down near the shoulders. Can't tell if those are molded or added after the fact.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hanginon wrote:
Mulen wrote:
Anybody knows what helmet Magnus is using here? Looks like the Uvex. (that he has used in the past) But it has this "line" of material just by the edge of the ear, made me doubt

Sure looks like the Uvex to me, with the eye shield removed. The "fine details" may not be showing due to the lighting. You can see the "ridge" or line in this photo - I'd suspect the stuff on the earflaps is to "trip" the wind to keep it attached longer?? Very interesting way to mount the front bottle, as well as the two rear which are vertically positioned!

The two in the back are set up like what Skippers team had for the sub7 attempt. Wattshop is now selling this setup.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
The two in the back are set up like what Skippers team had for the sub7 attempt. Wattshop is now selling this setup.

Correct, it will be for sale at WattShop, although currently not yet available to the public. We are sorting out the last details. A few professional athletes have been testing prototypes so far...

Marco
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcofoils wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:

Correct, it will be for sale at WattShop, although currently not yet available to the public. We are sorting out the last details. A few professional athletes have been testing prototypes so far...

Marco
It would seem to make a lot of sense (aerodynamically) to mount the bottles this way, but I have a Plasma 3 with the same seat clamp, and the air can't possibly be "clean" after passing through that mess on the underside of the seat. Seat fairings ?? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikeradar.com/features/tech/2023-uci-rule-changes/
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:
Just rewatching kona bike leg on trainer this morn…. There were a lot of uvex and met drone helmets out there in both mens and womens races and with the launch of the ridonkulous spesh helmet….. has had anyone tested these helmets ? I know team bmc use uvex i believe, but Is this pure coincidence? The usuals like aerohead wasn’t featured a lot amongst the pros….. both drone and uvex aren’t new by any means but has anyone seen tests on these ? General stats on it? ( yes yea I know it’s individual, I just didn’t notice until rewatching )

I always hear "who is checking anyway" but the Drone isn't cpsc approved for use in the US racing unless you're a pro in most places where you can get an exemption. As, who can tell pros on a sponsorship if even just a free helmet that they can't wear what pays the bills.

Kind of like the Aeroswitch, not cpsc approved either.

The current USAT rule regarding helmets no longer requires a CPSC sticker.

5.2 Bicycle helmets are compulsory and must be approved by a testing authority which is recognized by any national federation that is an affiliate of World Triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: ‘Big’ helmets - uvex, met drone etc [CharlieStolen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CharlieStolen wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:
Just rewatching kona bike leg on trainer this morn…. There were a lot of uvex and met drone helmets out there in both mens and womens races and with the launch of the ridonkulous spesh helmet….. has had anyone tested these helmets ? I know team bmc use uvex i believe, but Is this pure coincidence? The usuals like aerohead wasn’t featured a lot amongst the pros….. both drone and uvex aren’t new by any means but has anyone seen tests on these ? General stats on it? ( yes yea I know it’s individual, I just didn’t notice until rewatching )

I always hear "who is checking anyway" but the Drone isn't cpsc approved for use in the US racing unless you're a pro in most places where you can get an exemption. As, who can tell pros on a sponsorship if even just a free helmet that they can't wear what pays the bills.

Kind of like the Aeroswitch, not cpsc approved either.

The current USAT rule regarding helmets no longer requires a CPSC sticker.

5.2 Bicycle helmets are compulsory and must be approved by a testing authority which is recognized by any national federation that is an affiliate of World Triathlon.

Good. Another dumb rule that should have changed years ago.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next