Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I need a Coach...any suggestions
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am looking for an affordable coach to train me for IM CDA 2007. This will be my second Ironman. I was supposed to race in Arizona last week, but broke my foot. I had a great time watching my husband and good friend race though!! My good friend smoked her first IM with a 12:17!! but I digress.....

As far as coaching I am open to online, over the phone or someone local in Birmingham AL.
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Coach...any suggestions [slowy-gonzales] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I PMd you...with some thoughts/opinions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go local whenever you can...I am training with 2 of my athletes Saturday...best for both the coach and athlete.

Good luck with the foot.

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been really happy with Michael McCormack http://www.triathloncoach.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich Strauss has been awesome to work with. Two enthusiastic thumbs up. http://www.cruciblefitness.com
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Coach...any suggestions [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael Harlow:

www.endorphinfitness.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed w/ Kurt ... go local or with someone you may already know you, your goals, your life, and terrain you train / race on. This is more true if you need technical work/advice.

Best wishes ...

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~I'm partial to my coach, Paulo (nee smartasscoach). ~DesertDude is also an excellent coach.
~I don' know if Francois still coaches people, but if you can get him he's damn good as well.
~I've never heard a bad thing about Mike Plumb - everyone seems to do well under his guidance.

The important thing is to find someone with whom you get along, and with whom you can communicate well. Also someone whose coaching philosophies are in allignment with your own.

Just because a coach is "good" for one person doesn't mean that (s)he will be good for you. It's a relationship, and the two parties involved have to "click".

I would suggest talking to a bunch of coaches as well as their clients, and seeing who gives you the best "feel".

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Increase the duration of your biking.

Increase the frequency of your runs.

Train consistently

Eat well

Repeat over and over until June 2007.

Then, after you have done that for a full year, hire a coach if you want to improve.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I need a Coach...any suggestions [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Increase the duration of your biking.
[/reply]

Interesting...
i was thinking about this because i missed a couple bike workouts lately and want to make up the time by going longer this long weekend.

I am training for OLYs & shorter so for me 3hrs is long.

Would you say that 5hrs of biking in 2 sessions is better/worse/same as say 4 workouts of 1,1,1 & 2 hours?

I am transitioning from trainer rides which i kept generally under 90mins because of boredom facotr to outdoor riding where i can spend more time out there. But i missed a couple short rides because of weather and now it is really tough to go on the trainer when i have had a taste of outside riding so i plan to just increase the length of my outdoor rides.
Quote Reply