Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik v. Stella Azzura Handlebar Tape
Quote | Reply
I have to order either, so I'm looking for reviews on buying sight-unseen. Either way it will be white.

Which is a brighter white?

Which has a better feel?

More durable?
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik v. Stella Azzura Handlebar Tape [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got white SA Eleganza tape on my Soloist right now.

A few thoughts:
Feel is great. Nice and tacky without feeling sticky, slightly less squish than cork, not too thick to touch.

The threads are black, which looks pretty damn sweet. It's a bit tough to tape the bars because you'll want everything to overlap just so, with exactly the right amount of stitching showing.

Cleaning it is another matter. It's designed to soak up moisture - which makes cleaning it kind of hard. Simple Green works, but leaves a bit of a greenish tinge to it. The best thing I've found is to spray a lot of SG on a rag, and to rub off the grime of hands and gloves on the tape. It's not perfect, and the tape definitely isn't as white after a month's use. Durability has been fine (no crashes) and it still feels as nice as on day one.

The only problem, really, is cleaning it, and that's a fairly big problem when dealing with white tape. I'm actually planning on trying Fizik with bar gel when I retape my bars next. I'm thinking silver to coordinate with my Soloist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Fizik white on my soloist and I really like it. A little softer than cork and cleans easily (I use Pedro's Orange peel degreaser to clean mine as I love the smell :)

I didn't know the Stella had black stiching though - though would look nice.

Re: Fizik v. Stella Azzura Handlebar Tape [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Fizik really white? I think they call it "chalk white".

Isn't chalk usually just white?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's white - as white as the white Cervelo lettering on my SoloistC :)