Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLOIST CARBON OR LOOK 486 ?
Quote | Reply
WHICH SHOULD I BUY FOR ROAD AND TRI ?
Quote Reply
Re: SOLOIST CARBON OR LOOK 486 ? [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know Cervelo made a model called a Look 486. Is it on their website?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since it appears money isn't an issue, buy (2) "lesser" bikes........

There's no such thing as a (2) trick pony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Soloist Carbon is at least $1000 more expensive than the Look so it's not exactly a fair comparison price-wise.

Notwithstanding i would go for the Soloist Carbon. I have considered both bikes before, and that was my conclusion.

The soloist has a larger range of seat tube angles for you to play with, so it would make a better multisport bike.

Quality-wise, there is probably very little perceptible difference in terms of stiffness and responsiveness etc. The soloist has a better frame strength-weight ratio, while the 486 has the lighter and stiffer fork.

Oh and not to mention, the soloist wins hands down in an aero test, which is what matters more for Tris.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No contest - get the Soloist. I've logged about 350 miles on mine so far and it is great. If you really want ONE bike, this is the one. You will not be disappointed if you can find one however.

Quote | Reply
I have ridden a 486 for about 4 years now, I’m actually at my 2nd 486, the first model was white & red, and now have the all black 2005 version. I have ridden the soloist numerous times on all kinds of terrain and love it. However I could not find a significant difference quality-wise, in terms of stiffness or responsiveness between the two. The soloist does have a better frame strength-weight ratio, but the weight difference is so minimal it can easily be made up by using a lighter. As for it’s use as tri-bike. The 486 with a Thomson straight seat post and a saddle with long enough rails can get you to a 77 degree position. The Soloist with a dual positioning seat post makes the job easier and could get you to a 78 angle or greater.
Quote Reply