Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I've heard of race wheels but is there such a thing as race tires? I'm thinking Vittoria.
Quote | Reply
My multisport team is putting on a deal for Vittoria tires. I can only get one pair though. No clue which ones to get. They offer three different kinds: Open Corsa Evo CX and the KS and KX. Anyone have knowledge in these? There are different treads on the tires i.e. diamond (KX), directional (KS). The CX has a high TPI.

If I purchase a high quality pair should I just use them on race day?
Quote Reply
Re: I've heard of race wheels but is there such a thing as race tires? I'm thinking Vittoria. [nel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the KS tubulars. These are bascially slicks (like Michelin pro race tires). Seem very fast and should have the lowest RR of the Vittorias. They seem to handle fine.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: I've heard of race wheels but is there such a thing as race tires? I'm thinking Vittoria. [nel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For both clinchers and sew ups the fastest tires are usually the lightest, most flexable. This also means that they are the most fragile and wear out the quickest. They are also the most expensive. It makes economical sense to save them for races, although you don't have to.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: I've heard of race wheels but is there such a thing as race tires? I'm thinking Vittoria. [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, it always makes me nervous to use a different, potentially less durable, tire for race day. I end up spending too much time worrying about flats on less than perfect roads - especially up here in New England.

By the way nel34, I think we're on the same team. Hope to see you on Friday night.
Quote Reply
Re: I've heard of race wheels but is there such a thing as race tires? I'm thinking Vittoria. [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big fan of the KS as well. Excellent tires.
Quote Reply