Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [Twitchslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you live outside North America, because they only sell it in North America and they don't wanna waste peoples time with a bike that they can't buy. so it's only visible for people living in North America.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
if you look again, in between Bayonne and P2SL, you will see Dual.

Nope, there's nothing between Bayonne and P2SL, I have tried with both Firefox and Internet Explorer (Windows XP, screen res: 1024x768).

I just took a screenshot of http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx, can you point out the link for Dual, because I can't see it anywhere:

Last edited by: Twitchslow: Apr 13, 06 7:11
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [harm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
do you live outside North America, because they only sell it in North America and they don't wanna waste peoples time with a bike that they can't buy. so it's only visible for people living in North America.

I see, that explains it, because I live in Europe.

At other bike manuacturer websites like http://scottusa.com and http://www2.trekbikes.com/lang_redirect.php you can choose your region manually.

This leads me to another question, is P3SL still produced and on the North American version of the website?

Which models are sold in North America only?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just tried to visit Cervelo.com through an American proxy server, and then the link for Dual is also shown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yellow is definitely faster - if you all weren't so bikey I would let on that the yellow paint job on the Felt F80 helped me across the line when I was trying to decide if I could afford to replace my ebay $200 job.

Of course, you have to get yellow water cages to go with it.

If I had the coin for a tri specific bike, this would get my vote on the horny yellow alone.

SB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're in Denmark? We don't sell the Dual outside North America, so it isn't visible there. The site is customized based on where you're located.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"A limited number of special Dual Ultegra bikes will be made available. It benefits from the same upgrades as the Dual DuraAce, except for the DuraAce drivetrain. Further differences between the two models are the wheelset, the basebar and the color: bright yellow."

furthur differences? those are the only differences I could find.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I think you're in Denmark? We don't sell the Dual outside North America, so it isn't visible there. The site is customized based on where you're located.[/reply]

That's interesting... a non-compete clause... the Asian factory that produces the Dual also makes that frame for another company that sells it in Europe...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [JoshAtNytro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
like the color. but i hate the graphics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like bright bikes, I'd definitely go for that.
Pity I already have a 2005..

Plus I have an irrational prejudice, preferring Ultegra to DA. DA sometimes goes a bit silly-light, plus who could forget the DA bottom bracket that needed maintenance after every ride in the rain.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]I think you're in Denmark? We don't sell the Dual outside North America, so it isn't visible there. The site is customized based on where you're located.[/reply]

That's interesting... a non-compete clause... the Asian factory that produces the Dual also makes that frame for another company that sells it in Europe...

If you don't know what you're talking about, it might make more sense to just not post. Nobody but Cervelo offers the Dual frame, it is our design, we train the welders, we sell it. But in Europe we only sell framesets, not complete bikes, so no Dual.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
[.reply]I think you're in Denmark? We don't sell the Dual outside North America, so it isn't visible there. The site is customized based on where you're located.[./reply]

That's interesting... a non-compete clause... the Asian factory that produces the Dual also makes that frame for another company that sells it in Europe... [/reply]

If you don't know what you're talking about, it might make more sense to just not post. Nobody but Cervelo offers the Dual frame, it is our design, we train the welders, we sell it. But in Europe we only sell framesets, not complete bikes, so no Dual.[/reply]

Sorry... I know I omitted the question mark, but it was a question not a statement...

But of course your response begs the question: since when has knowledge become a prerequesite for posting here ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Dual - Ultegra? - Yellow? - $1650? [Diablo-Advocato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
But of course your response begs the question: since when has knowledge become a prerequesite for posting here ;-)
I agree, if it were the internet would not be very successful, would it? :-)

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a sucker for a bright yellow bike. I think the Dual is a very fine bike, and in this scheme it looks fantastic! And at that price, a heck of a deal I think.

Thanks for sharing the pic,

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Scott USA doesn't sell their full suspension Scott Genius mountainbikes in USA anymore because they violated a US patent for Horst-Link (rear suspension linkage), which Specialized bought the rights for a long time ago. Specialized only own the Horst-Link patent for the US market so Scott still sells these fullys in Europe and Canada. I heard Canadian bike shops has started selling a lot of these Scott fullys to US citizens because they can't buy them in USA.

http://bikemag.com/...rchive/012406_scott/
http://www.thebikinghub.com/...t-against-scott-usa/
Last edited by: Twitchslow: Apr 13, 06 15:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it, for the simple reason that my bike is yellow (2003 Softride Classic TT), and I'm sick of Cervelo fanatics telling me that yellow is a gay color. Now that Cervelo is gonna have yellow (again?), I'm sure yellow will suddenly be the latest, greatest color.

...trendfollowing weenies.

(Insert picture of me ducking for cover ___HERE___ :-) )

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next