Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Free 4.0
Quote | Reply
I'm probably gonna get a new pair of free's soon, and I'm curious if anyone's gone from the 5.0 to the 4.0, and what their impression was?

The sole has all these little bumps on it, what's up with that? I like the strap over the laces though. And I think the 4.0 is lighter, woohoo!

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Free 4.0 [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying that you have run in the 5.0 before? I guess if that worked for you then the newer one might also, but I found the original Free to be a horrible shoe. Very unstable and way too squishy and marshmellow-like.

If you are looking to go minimal you would be much better off finding a good racing flat in which to run. Everybody is different though. When I started barefoot/mimimalist running the the feel was completely different than I experienced in the free. It was a very flexible shoe, but did not mimic the barefoot running sensation.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Free 4.0 [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I run in the original free's all the time. I love them. I dont even know what a racing flat is :-) I hear that phrase a lot. I'm pretty new to the whole athleticism thing.

Are those the super thin, track/spike shoes?

One thing I like about the free's is that I can run on trails, road, track, whatever in them. Is that also the case for the racing flats?

--
mcoker
Quote Reply