Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not your typical Slowtwitcher.... [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Right now, my quads feel like they could be working harder and my hams are working too hard. I don't feel like I'm gettng enough push-power -make sense?[/reply]
That makes me think you should move it forward some. The more you move back, the more your hams get involved. If your hip flexors aren't screaming, saddle height is probably not too high.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Not your typical Slowtwitcher.... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]That makes me think you should move it forward some. The more you move back, the more your hams get involved. If your hip flexors aren't screaming, saddle height is probably not too high.
I was thinking I felt a little too far back as well. My hip flexors are fine, I just feel like I'm not maximizing my massive quads (ha). Thanks!

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: Not your typical Slowtwitcher.... [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pink! Sweet!! I've been around - last semester of grad school is kicking my ass. Not a lot of time on ST.

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, when you get out of there you should come visit, meet the girls and then drink too much with me (did i just say that? LOL!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be SO fun! I'll think about it for July - God knows it'll be a long job search. Can I bring my bike??? Bring on the wine, lots o wine :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best method is have an assistant measure your knee angle with a goniometer. Should be 145-150 degrees. Slowman even says 145-155 degrees. Lower your seat towards the lower range if you have tight hamstrings.

Another method is take a photo and measure with a protractor. Put a white dot over your greater trochanter area for the photo.

There is a formula of inseam X .883 = seat height. Seat height is measured from center of BB to top of seat along the seat post. Inseam should be measured in socks, bike shorts, feet 8 inches apart, book tight up against your crotch your back to the wall. Have an assistant help you. Measure from floor to the top of the book. This is a good ball park measurement and you can fine tune by adjusting the seat up/down as how it feels.
Quote Reply
Re: Not your typical Slowtwitcher.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those measurements the same for a road bike? Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm not on a tri bike....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That would be SO fun! I'll think about it for July - God knows it'll be a long job search. Can I bring my bike??? Bring on the wine, lots o wine :-)
hell yes bring your bike! and all of your other stuff, we'll train and have lots of fun :) my patio will be in full effect at that time, and i'm sure marisol, mighttri, trigone, and all the chicks will be up for some good fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will DEFINITELY keep that in mind. Even if I can't make it out in July, September would be awesome too - plus it will be post season = more wine!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'd use the same measurements on road or tri as a starting place. Some people like to raise their saddle a bit on the tri bikes. I run my saddle a few mm higher on my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
either time is great here! :) i gladly offer up my giant couch to you, and all the good eats (AND WINE) you can handle. lol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, kitty! Sounds like a good time :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Not your typical Slowtwitcher.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool - thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a giant couch, but no second bedroom, as we live in a cape cod and the second bedroom is my office :) so i can make it up to you in wine! lol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey - that's the best form of repayment! i'll even bring a bottle or two.

Quote Reply

Prev Next