Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Unclip at stop signs?
Quote | Reply
Ok, I see most cyclists barely slowing down, cruising through stop signs. This is how cyclists get a bad name with other users of the road. I have made it a habit to slow down at stop signs, even when there's no crossing traffic, almost to the point of a track stand (I wish I could do one), and if nothing is coming, I pedal on through. Technically speaking, that ain't a full stop. How many of you stop and unclip routinely at stop signs? I sure don't see you out on the road! If this a do as I say, don't do as I do topic?

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Re: Unclip at stop signs? [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll track stand if needed... Otherwise, I continue through. I guess it also depends if I'm with a group or not... Group, I'll unclip but more so that most can't track or someone decides to unclip right next to me... The last thing I want to do is lose myself and take another down at a stop.
Quote Reply
Re: Unclip at stop signs? [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do a track stand if I have to wait my turn (I can do that for a couple of seconds). If there is no car, I always slow down to about 5 mph.

I always to give the driver some sort of hand sign (index finger up if I was first at the intersection; a wave when the car is there first).

And yes, there are plenty of idiot cyclists out there. Today I stopped at a red light and a guy who apparently had tried to chase me down (to impress his SO) blew by me through the red light and brushed up against me when I came to a stop and unclipped. Scared the hell out of me and the guy almost lost it in the process. His SO who was coming up on me got an earfull from me to the tone what a looser her man must be to beat other riders through red lights all while putting himself and others into great danger.

She didn't have anything to say....

Because of all those dimwits around here I have mostly given up on my weekend morning rides. Families with kids and all those "jockstraps" and "lard-asses" around who interfere with my training or, even worse, make my ride outright dangerous. On weekends I now train in the evenings. Much more pleasant not to have those guys around.

Re: Unclip at stop signs? [ethics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Because of all those dimwits around here I have mostly given up on my weekend morning rides. Families with kids and all those "jockstraps" and "lard-asses" around who interfere with my training or, even worse, make my ride outright dangerous. On weekends I now train in the evenings. Much more pleasant not to have those guys around.
Ooooo you own the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Unclip at stop signs? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ethics , must be like the guy who posted he gets mad ,as other guys draft behind his girl friends sweet ass .
Quote Reply