Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

a kind hearted person.
Quote | Reply
I waited to get the pictures for this, but 2 weeks ago i ran a 10km road race. My first 5k was 17:13 according to the clock and 16:54 according to my watch. Then next 5k wasn't so great, infact i bonked, my breathing went out the window, i felt my throat closing up and i just couldn't handle it. I stopped to catch an actual breath, when i started again i was nowhere near on the same pace i ran my first 5k in. I noticed someone who is a pretty strong racer here on the east coast of canada, a guy by the name of chuck perrault who's average half iron time is 4hrs. I started running with him keeping his pace, when he took notice of me he started encouraging me to hold on to his pace (paying obvious attention to my heavy breathing), if i didnt have this encouragement i would have stopped. When I started to slowdown a bit he really started to get me going, with only 2.5km left he said "almost there buddy cmon' keep going", it was amazing to have someone there to push me harder, the feeling was definitely a good one and this encouragement was definitely more than welcome.

About 400 meters from the finish line i went to grab some water, he said "screw water you dont need it, you're right there" I cleaned my mouth and spat it out running hard into the finish. I was wasted.

If some people remember a post that stevebradley made about dev paul running along side a racer in the 2005 canadian iron distance and getting him going, this had to be the best feeling in the world for both dev, and the racer. It just goes to show that no matter where you are or who you're racing, there's always going to be someone that likes to see other people succeed.

I finished in 38:39. I was disappointed with my end result, but thats what i got for going out in 17 minutes (which i was happy about).

here are some pictures of chuck dragging me.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: a kind hearted person. [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no wonder you slowed down the second 5k ... that a hellacious hill youre running up.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: a kind hearted person. [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woo! I almost saw up your shorty shorts looking at those pics. I like your story, thanks for sharing!
Quote Reply