Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where are all the bolides?
Quote | Reply
I have been racing for quite a while now and have been to a lot of races. Also, I love bikes and bike tech; I geek out over bikes at every race. Why with all the races I have been to have I never seen a pinarello bolide? Also, how do you buy one? I can't really find a resource online for buying one. Also just an FYI every race I have done except for one in South Africa has been in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [Hammernuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are extremely expensive so that likely reduces their numbers
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. My friend has a Dogma and wow I was shocked by how much she spent on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
They are extremely expensive so that likely reduces their numbers

Yeah, I Was going to say they are all in their owners vaults….

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've had one in our shop and it was pretty sweet. He put Swissiside Hadron wheels on it and it was an awesome machine. In addition to his Red Bolide, he bought a red Dogma as well. Nice set of bookends.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been in a lot of parking lots and driven on a lot of highways, and I’ve never seen a Pagani Zonda or Bugatti Veyron in person.

Same reason.

Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know one recently totaled at a local race. He got t boned by a car, broke some bones and bike was destroyed. He’s trying to get another Bolide. It’s a sweet bike but not the best looking one out there. Can Wurf holds the record with it so I’m sure it’s damn fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a phone call one was in stock locally. Have asked around for 6 months and this one showed up out of the blue. After paying... uggh. Was informed they are easy to find in the EU, but not so much here in the states.

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easier to purchase a unicorn for my daughter than get a Bolide in the UK.

One dealer says 6 months wait. And you just know that's going to get extended and extended nearer the delivery date.

Then again I can't even grt a cervelo P-series in my size either.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam would hold the record on Mark Allen's old Huffy the way he rode that day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a friend in the PNW who's wife just got hers. She ordered it about 6 weeks ago.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw two on the Queen K while racing. They were beautiful bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Cam would hold the record on Mark Allen's old Huffy the way he rode that day.

What record are you guys talking about? Kona? Owned by Sam Laidlow, before you go on a but "But ST fanboys say it was the motorbikes" he also schooled Wurf in Nice who even over biked to try to close gaps (he blew on the run, unlike Sam)

And no, none of them would have got the record on a Huffy. Technology has improved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this one at Richardson Bike Mart here in Dallas. Was on consignment for less than 1/2 the cost of a new one. I’d have bought it but it was a medium and I needed a small
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, odd, I’ve been in the engine assembly room for the Veyron.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are all the bolides? [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Acsp34 wrote:
Saw this one at Richardson Bike Mart here in Dallas. Was on consignment for less than 1/2 the cost of a new one. I’d have bought it but it was a medium and I needed a small

Riding a rim brake Bolide is like driving a 10 year old Porsche Cayenne. Are you TRYING to broadcast to the world that you’re poor?

But joking aside, the rim brakes are probably what’s driving that price down to 50% - which, if I’m not mistaken is still quite a lot of money.

Quote | Reply
I just came here to say, when I first read the title I thought it said "bodies".

"where are all the bodies?"

Carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tyler Butterfield was riding one with a group of pros one day when we happened across them in the mountains--first thing I noticed with the Pinn he was riding. They look heavy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this one last weekend I’m Augusta. Belongs to Yannick Fischbach. Went 4:05 there. Stunning bike. Edit: Photo won’t show up. Beautiful bike to see in person.
Last edited by: Robert Preston: Oct 1, 23 21:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is Yannick’s bike.
Last edited by: Robert Preston: Oct 2, 23 21:23
Quote Reply