Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

twitching muscles vs. recovery fluids/fuel
Quote | Reply
Something I gleaned here recently mentioned something about twitching muscles being a sign of overtraining.

Last week I found myself with twitching muscles. First of all, considering my schedule and family life if I can get 8-9 hours a week of training it is only because I get on my trainer 2 or 3 times a week after I put my son to bed, but I digress.

Presently I don't use anything more scientific than a banana, cliff bar or peanut butter and jelly sandwich as recovery fuel. Might I benefit from something like Amino Vital, Endorox...

My stats: male, 43yrs old, training as much as I can mostly short workouts at high intensity (for me) which amounts to 8-9 hours a week, always at least 1 full day off a week.

Thanks, alan

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Quote Reply
Re: twitching muscles vs. recovery fluids/fuel [slowx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really know, but I'll make some guesses. Are you doing ALL high intensity because of limited time? In which case, maybe mixing intensities would help you. Secondly, are you low on electrolytes? That could be responsible for the twitchiness.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: twitching muscles vs. recovery fluids/fuel [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are usually at least 3 workouts a week that are very aerobic in nature. My dogs usually get me to stop a few times for sanitation breaks on my tempo run and two swims a week are with a coach, one of which is aerobic, the other is for speed.

I will start to add more Gatorade into my diet.

Thanks for the reply.

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My quads twitch all the time, occaisionally my arm too. but the legs are quite frequent. Is that bad?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be not enough Sodium. Try increasing the sodium in your drink to 15-20 mg per ounce, for workouts of over an hour. Skip sodium for those under an hour.

Chocolate milk after.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply