Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saul Raisin in a Coma
Quote | Reply

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/apr06/apr06news2
Quote Reply
Re: Saul Raisin in a Coma [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a freaking shame. A crazy talented rider.

I dont really have any medical info, but I have to think if they are putting you in a coma it doesn't really look good. Anyone know if this is something you could recover from? I saw the doctors said they couldn't remove all the blood.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any Cerebral Edema is scary. I hope he comes through with all body and mental functions intact. Whether he races again or not is not particularly important. The parents must be totally freaked. I'd be if it was my son.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad news, indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Saul Raisin in a Coma [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I read, his poor parents were jetting across the Atlantic to be with him. I can't imagine what a miserable flight that must be for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Saul Raisin in a Coma [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In 1992, I had a 5 hour drive thru a snowstorm to be with my sister who had to have emergency brain surgury for an Aneurysm...that was bad enough. I really can't imagine what a hellish flight they are going through.
Quote Reply
Re: Saul Raisin in a Coma [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest news on vn is that he has had another operation and is now stable. Very good news. His DS said that it was life and death this morning but no longer is.

Another odd thing is that his crash that caused this was preceded by his being in a "trance like state" according to the other riders.

Three years ago he had a seisure and the team doc had to keep him from choking on his tounge. It sounds like this could be related to his recent crash.

All the same, I hope he is able to lead a good life and maybe even race again.
Quote Reply
Re: Saul Raisin in a Coma [nigilred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The article refers to an epileptic seizure.

Hope he pulls it out.
Quote Reply