Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket?
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on either of these. I was going to grab the Token version but the install tool is out of stock everywhere. After a little searching I found the Origin8 version.

https://token.synfinityup.com/Bottom-Bracket-for-BB90-BB95-Trek-Frame-with-SRAM-GXP-Cranks_p_444.html

https://origin8.bike/collections/bottom-brackets/products/revolvr-bb90-95-thread-together-bottom-bracket
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Token Ninja in my Speed Concept.
No problems with it yet (only fitted at the end of last season, and just kicked in racing for this year).
Fits solidly, and if anything has stiffened up the feel to the bb area.

Like you found the bb's are available but fitting tools are harder to find, and you do need it.
I bought them as a pair off ebay via a shop in Taiwan (cycling boss)
Last edited by: philg: Jun 9, 22 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confession. My first bike job was for token many moons ago.

They are a brand whose background is bearings. I love, love any of their bearing products, headsets, bb, hubs and they are my go to for all my bikes. I. Even specd their hubs on some culprit branded wheels.

Definitely go with token

Let me look into tool if you can’t find one.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I know Token has a good reputation. Interestingly, the Origin8 version looks to use Token bearings but I guess it's their own version of the threaded sleeve. Or is Origin8 affiliated with Token in some way?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Any feedback on either of these. I was going to grab the Token version but the install tool is out of stock everywhere. After a little searching I found the Origin8 version.

https://token.synfinityup.com/Bottom-Bracket-for-BB90-BB95-Trek-Frame-with-SRAM-GXP-Cranks_p_444.html

https://origin8.bike/collections/bottom-brackets/products/revolvr-bb90-95-thread-together-bottom-bracket
No but interesting... both of them! I've traditionally used the standard press in bearings in my Trek SC.

This sort of threaded body BB might solve creaking and stiffen up the BB I'd imagine. If the bearings are good looks like a home run to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:

This sort of threaded body BB might solve creaking and stiffen up the BB I'd imagine. If the bearings are good looks like a home run to me!

That's the intent. Though I've had a Gen1 SC for about 10 years and never had a BB issue, I'm building up a new to me Gen2 and figured it can't hurt to go with this as a preventative option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Origin cooperates with token is what the token G.M told me today.

So likely very similar results.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Origin cooperates with token is what the token G.M told me today.

So likely very similar results.

K. So likely the same bearings. I think I'd still prefer the Token version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you already buy the bb

I'm going to token hq tomorrow if you need any help let me know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
did you already buy the bb

I'm going to token hq tomorrow if you need any help let me know

I haven't bought one yet because I can't find the install tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you located and how urgently do you need? I’m flying to California July 3, if in the states can post to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you buy a Wheels Manufacturing bottom bracket?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent. I'm in no rush. The bike currently has a standard GXP BB but I'd like to switch just as a sort of preventative maintenance.

culpritbicycles wrote:
Where are you located and how urgently do you need? I’m flying to California July 3, if in the states can post to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn't come across that one. All I'm seeing is bearings on their page though - https://wheelsmfg.com/...ts/trek-bb90-95.html

jimatbeyond wrote:
Why don't you buy a Wheels Manufacturing bottom bracket?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at the BB86/92 bottom brackets.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Look at the BB86/92 bottom brackets.

What use are they to the OP? BB86/92 or PF30 are not relevant.

Maybe if you didnt talk in riddles it would help.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was also wondering if he knows something no one else knows or if he's just trolling the OP.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made a mistake. I thought that BB86/92 would also fit BB90, sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I made a mistake. I thought that BB86/92 would also fit BB90, sorry.

I told you on another thread BB's do my head in nowadays, seem to take ages to check all the specs and the specifics of the frame that seem to change each year. So heartening to me that occasionally it happens to others too ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
philg wrote:
I'm using a Token Ninja in my Speed Concept.
No problems with it yet (only fitted at the end of last season, and just kicked in racing for this year).
Fits solidly, and if anything has stiffened up the feel to the bb area.

Like you found the bb's are available but fitting tools are harder to find, and you do need it.
I bought them as a pair off ebay via a shop in Taiwan (cycling boss)
Curious how your Token Ninja is holding up in your SC...

I've used various press in aftermarkets (angular, ceramic, abec-5) and all of them after a season or two the non-drive side turns to garbage. Even if I pull seals, clean it out and regrease them too. For whatever reason the drive side bearing all seem to be relatively fine... maybe a downside for GXP BB/cranks?

I digress still looking for a better solution for my BB90.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use Token Ninja or Origin8 Revolvr BB90 bottom bracket? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not had much (read any) use in 23, as i've had high hamstring tendinopathy, which lasted through our uk race season, but when i parked it up at the end of 2022 it was still fine. No reason to doubt it isn't now.

I've got another bike with a ninja bb, GXP for 386EVO, that has seen a decent amount of use, and while the bearings differ, its solid and reliable. Certainly moreso than the cbear i removed. which had been my go to brand.
Quote Reply