Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire
Quote | Reply
I am signing up for a road race here in Michigan called the Cone Azalia Classic. It includes riding on some sections of gravel roads as well as paved roads that are in poor condition with large potholes, etc. It's referred to as the Paris Roubaix of Michigan. I've been reading some race reports from people who have competed before, and apparently tire blow outs are pretty common and riders are strongly recommended to get some 28mm tires that are very durable.

So, does anyone have some good recommendations for a very strong clincher that will hold up to this kind of abuse?
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [Aeroforce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
specialized armadillo

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [Aeroforce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ritchey Super Fortress.... 7000 miles and counting. :-)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really really loving my Continental GP4000s, better than any other flat resistant tire I've tried. And they ride half decent to boot!
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
specialized armadillo
Ditto.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trouble with the Armadillos is it feels likey ou are on the cobbles when you are not. In my opinion that is the toughest tire. But we call them the Flintstone Tires for a reason. The Bontrager Hardcase isn't as tough but rides much much smoother and is pretty darn tough. That is my choice and it comes in a 28 that is more like a 26 mm tire and fits Reynolds and Alpha Q forks, cause I have them in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like my Maxxis Detonators. No flats, a couple thousand miles so far, and they are reasonably priced.

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Schwalbe Stelvio Plus, a layer of foam rubber under the tread, rolls reasonably well for a flat resistant tire. Seems to withstand cuts better than other tires I have tried. Comes in 700x25 but its pretty big, the 23 is bigger than some 25's.

Now if you want to stop bullets, I am not sure. (is the race through Detroit?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
                "These could be the last bicycle tires you'll ever have
to buy"

Guaranteed
No Flat Bicycle Tires

Choose Tires
By Size
16 inch
20 inch
24 inch
26 inch
27 inch
700c

By Type assemblies
BMX
cross
folders
industrial
inserts
lawn/garden
medical
mountain
recumbent
scooter
touring
wheelchair

Risk Free for 90 Days!

Information
home
back
accessories
affiliates
Ask Hugh
bicycle
community
competition
customer service
dealer locator
evaluation
FAQ
industrial
information
inserts
installation
investor
medical
new tires
scooter
sizing
testimonials
tire data
tire design
warranty

To see our tires in a retail setting, click on the icon below to find an authorized Air Free Bicycle Tire dealer near you

Sales are going up and up. Find out how you can get involved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call and we just might be able to make it for you. 386 478-1861 or e-mail

Proud Partner of the Toronto Yellow Bike Program

If you know your bead width and bead depth, then click here now to get your next set of tires

Never worry about another flat tire again.

You paid a lot of money for your bike and last thing you need in the middle of your exercise, pleasure ride or commute is a flat tire. Our easy to install and comfortable riding tires will let you go places that you wouldn’t go before because of rocks, glass and debris. Get a pair of Air Free and get peace of mind.

Any two tires and FREE install tool - One Low Price find out more....

Bicycle Tires Mobility / Wheelchair Tires Complete Tire Kits Garden / Industrial Tires Sale Tires Scooter Tires

Easy Tire Selection! Find your new tires in under 6 clicks. New!! QuickSize, use your pocket change to find your new tires. What is the size of your tire? 16", 20", 24", 26", 27", 700c, 28"

*Easy Installation for your Tires
Air Free has easy installation instructions with pictures you can actually see and use. We also include the instructions with each tire sent out and we are here for you seven days a week.

*Easy Ordering 24 Hours A Day
Air Free can take your order over the phone, the internet, fax and mail. We make it easy to do business with us on your terms.

The Air Free Guarantee

Our 90 day money back offer is good on all the tires that we carry. No other manufacturer or website gives you this complete of an assurance.

The Best Tires

With quality tires starting at $22.50, you can count on Air Free to bring you the best airless tires available today. Every tire we carry has been tried, tested and proven. We ride bikes too, so anything we sell has to be good.

Customer Support

We answer the phone, have pre-recorded messages, 24 hour ordering, return all emails and even install tires for customers ourselves. Air Free is the only company that is driven completely by customer feedback.

Information you can use

Air Free has the most comprehensive website ever put together about airless tires. Informative articles, test data, honest assessments and even little blurbs on the competition. We believe in airless tires and the benefits of increased safety and freedom from worry.

Get the tire you want made your way

Only Air Free can customize your tires to the psi you like. Everybody has certain needs and we understand this and this is why we can custom make tires for you.

Ask the President of Air Free your questions.

We get questions all the time, but our new "Ask Hugh" section lets you ask a question for which an answer will be posted to the Ask Hugh section so that others can read it.

Choose from Two Different Urethanes

Air Free now has a high resilient elastomer option for many of our tires. For those who are very demanding, the new elastomer is sure to please.

Ongoing Research and Development

We test tires and put the results where you can find them. Our tests actually compare our airless tires to name brand rubber tires. No other manufacturer has ever dared to do this.

Medical Tires

Air Free understands the medical tire market and has a growing collection of tires for all kinds of wheelchairs and vehicles. Most of our medical tires are original equipment and can replace your current tires.

Industrial Tires

If you run a business you can understand what a flat tire really costs you in down time. We have a solid collection of popular tire sizes which can easily replace the rubber tire you currently use.

We make all kinds of Tires

Air Free Tires, Inc invites you to take a look at some of the tires we make. Click on a picture to see more.

bicycle tires

Customer Care HQ

Win free tires Making Tires Affiliate Program Secure server PayPal Verified Dealer Locator

News Flash

Bicycle Specs

29,000 Bikes Database
April 2, 2006: 2:38 PM EDT

Air Free Tires has worlds largest bicycle database with pictures, See if our tires fit your bicycle here, or get your bicycle specifications for free here

UPS Ground Express Mail Overseas

as low as $39.95

Wheelbarrow Tires

Bicycle Accessories

Bicycle Tire Inserts

Bicycle Tire Kits

Bicycle Tires

Discount Tires

Electric Disability

Industrial Tires

Installation Tools

Scooter Tires

Wheel Assemblies

Wheelchair Tires

Contact Us

info@airfreetires.com

Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'm really really loving my Continental GP4000s, better than any other flat resistant tire I've tried. And they ride half decent to boot![/reply]

2nd that really love the 4000's
Quote Reply
Re: Wanted: ST'er recommendations for a "bulletproof" tire [reddenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good reports. I've got a set inbound.
Quote Reply