Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LA Tri Series San Dimas, pool nearby??
Quote | Reply
So I'm going to do this race tomorrow and in spirit of my "no taper taper" I would like to go swim a little after the race seeing how we're done so early anyway. I can't bear the thought of getting my cold wetsuit on again after the race so I want to find out if anyone knows of a nice outdoor pool close-by to racesite that may be open on Sunday??

And what's the course like tomorrow anyway? Monty is gone for the weekend so I have no one to pepper for info....

Thanx

J
Quote Reply
Re: LA Tri Series San Dimas, pool nearby?? [Jonas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Jonas, I don't know of a pool nearby. The course has been talked about a bit on this site on the roll call thread. It has some hills to it and the road can be a bit rough in spots. As I recall it is a loop course. I will look for you out there. I sent you and Dan some Powerbars when you were here for the half ironman race two years ago at Oceanside. I met you at the Santa Clarita Aquatic Center. See you tomorrow.

Tak,

Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not a very nice area. where are you staying?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas, yes, the bike course is pretty hilly. Some short, steep hills with some long, fast downhills. Run course, at least for the longer races, is really interesting. A mix of trail running, pavement, hills, and grass. A pretty scenic course for being in the heart of LA!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could head over to the Waterloo with these dudes

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: LA Tri Series San Dimas, pool nearby?? [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dammit, you beat me

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The local nice school pools are closed on Sunday, but you could always get a guest pass for LA Fitness, there is one close to the race site.

As for the course it is generally rollers, only a couple spots for the small chainring when entering the park on the east side and leaving the park on the west side. Be careful on leaving the transition area after T1 they usually make you ride up a short very steep turn, you also have to ride down it coming back in. One of the races last year the bike mount/dismount was above this hill. It is a dangerous spot, lots of people fall over there, just be aware and be in the small chainring if you mount below the hill.

The run is a mix of road, trail, grass. Nothing to much of a big deal, if they run the same course there is a bit of a climb after the turn around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be a cold swim (duh). Two loop bike course, rollers and flats, we are going to stay in the park (I think) so the big downhill will not be included. 1 very short steep climb, maybe 30 meters and one long grade/climb 800 meters per loop. I am guessing the run will be mostly paved park trails for tomorrows race; I am pretty sure we will not go around the dam. If that is the case, rollers, no significant hills. There will be a lot of water on pavement even if it quits raining today.

Not sure how you will be returning to desert, Hwy 14 or 15? If you go Hwy 14 or Angeles Crest-Angeles Forrest you can swim in Pasadena (15 miles West of race) @ the Rose Bowl Acquatics Center, open until 4:30, $10.00 guest pass. Great facility. Superb jacuzzi after a cold race. Also a good place to ride TT bike around RB if you want more riding.

See you tomorrow. Look for black Griffen in rack (a long while after you finish) if you want more info or directions.

Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonas

If it's like last year the first race does not have the big downhill. Which means we also don't have the big uphill below Raging Waters up to the dam. This make the bike ride safer less traffic to deal with. I don't think they would let you swim even if you wanted to. As other posts stated run has some hills. Should be a fun day. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply