Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any shoes better than others for pose running
Quote | Reply
I began using a pose type method of running last year, striking mid - forefoot. Most shoes have always been designed with lots of padding in the rear. Are there any shoes with better or more padding in the forefoot than what is typical.

I've need a motion control shoe and I've been running in the Saucony Hurricane for 4 years now. They feel ok, but was wondering if there might be something better.

A good running shop is about as common as a tri shop where I am - few and very far between.

thanks
Barry

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: any shoes better than others for pose running [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monolo Blahnik's ;-)

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little heavier but I like these:

http://www.brooksrunning.com/prod.php?k=23642&p=BSI41181

If you're in or around Los Angeles, this is probably the best running store around:

http://www.homestead.com/phidippidesencino/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pose website has / had a shoe recommender. Basically go lighter and reduce bulk in the heal. I use New Balance 833's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I was one of Dr. Romanov's first athletes in the US back in the early 90s in Miami, and have been using his methods ever since. It'll be tough to find a motion-control shoe without alot of heel in it. I run neutral so it's easier, but you can still "pose" in built up shoes. Your heel may not actually be off the ground, but it won't have any weight on it. You can find some stability shoes that are fairly flat like NB 901 or Asics Gel DS Trainer X

TK
ttbikefit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vitruvians actually have a pretty low heel. About 3 mm lower rise than most. (9vs12mm--if I recall) Great price and pretty durable. Email chuck at vitruvianrunnning.com. Not as minimal as the Asics training flats, but probably more durable.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply