Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help! I am sick and I have a race in two days!
Quote | Reply
Yes I am sick. I have a kinda important race, in two days (on sunday) and I would like to recover by then. I have fatigue, a stuffy nose, a sore throat, and coughing. I have tried and I am continuing to try all the methods I know to recover, ex: lotsa vitamin c, keeping warm, drinking steaming hot beverages like apple cider, staying off my legs, not doing much training wise, probably some more but I can't think of them right now. Do any of you guys have any special secrets to recover from a cold? Possibly some that work quickly? Thank you.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: Help! I am sick and I have a race in two days! [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap, when did you first start getting symptoms? If you are still within the frist 48 hours do as follows: Go get some Zycam nasal get and use as directed, graggle listerine (must get deep in your throat) for 2 minutes, and boost your immue system with Colostrum immunomodulators.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Help! I am sick and I have a race in two days! [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of the above info is good to follow... as part of your rest routine, Stay off of Slowtwitch or else you won't get any rest at all!!! :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stay in bed or lay around on the couch and let your body fight off the virus. You should not be doing any training at this point, you will not get any gain from anything at this point. rest, recover, live to race sunday. 2-3 days of total rest can really help.

good luck and I hope all goes well

GO4 SMOOOOOOTH AND FAST
Quote Reply
Re: Help! I am sick and I have a race in two days! [fastGopher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks you guys. I had symptoms starting tuesday, so I am in the middle of it. I just checked my temp, it was 101.3 ish. So yeah, I am going to go take a nap now. I probably won't be racing, but I'll try my hardest to get well by then.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah if you have a fever that high it sounds more like the flu than a cold...good luck.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yes I am sick. I have a kinda important race, in two days (on sunday) and I would like to recover by then. I have fatigue, a stuffy nose, a sore throat, and coughing. I have tried and I am continuing to try all the methods I know to recover, ex: lotsa vitamin c, keeping warm, drinking steaming hot beverages like apple cider, staying off my legs, not doing much training wise, probably some more but I can't think of them right now. Do any of you guys have any special secrets to recover from a cold? Possibly some that work quickly? Thank you.[/reply]

NO training, sleep/liedown/rest as much as you can. Drink a lot of gatorade - you will be better on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Help! I am sick and I have a race in two days! [west1745] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feet up and sleep.

Then when the bell rings, you answer.
Quote Reply