Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who makes low clip on aero bars?
Quote | Reply
As much as I like the Syntace C2's, they just have too much arm rest pad height above the base bar. If I want to stick with traditional shape aero bars (ie, not S bend), which ones should I look at? Other than Oval, the manufacturers don't seem to provide this spec on their web sites. Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Who makes low clip on aero bars? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision Tech, HED, Deda all make bars with a low pad height. There are probably others as well.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Who makes low clip on aero bars? [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Vision Tech, HED, Deda all make bars with a low pad height. There are probably others as well.[/reply]

Hed only makes S bends and Vision bars don't really look all that low (at least on web site). I am looking for arm rests that virtually sit on the base bar but it seems most out there like that are only found with S bend extensions. Can't quite figure out why that is...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VisionTech bars come with two different length risers on which arm rests can be mounted. The short risers will place the arm rests right on top of the base bar (or maybe 2-3mm above it, they will flex when you are on the bars and sit on the base bars).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the spacers on visions can be removed, so they will very close to the base bar. The HED s-bends can be replaced with a standard bend, e.g. Oval or profile.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Who makes low clip on aero bars? [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Picture this setup with the regular bars. Its basically a shim under the armrests.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Hed Flip-lights arriving today with the standard extensions. I ordered them from Trisports.com.

The Profile T2's can be mounted very low - lowest on the market, actually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there's a thread with pics about this very topic but I can't find it. Anyway, I got to observe Dan doing a fit last week and he demonstrated a very easy way to increase the "drop" from the imaginary line that extends from your saddle to that point on your elbow pads where you'll support your weight.

Anyway, the Profile T-2's (with some retrofitting) can be mounted BELOW the basebar instead of above the basebar and in this particular example he increased the distance of the "drop" by 7cm! If you have opportunity to attend FIST camp, I highly recommend it as you'll learn many of the nuances about fit that can only come from experience ie what aerobars are optimal if you're trying to lengthen/shorten a cockpit and why.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Buy the Jammers to get you started and then acquire all the nifty little clamps and extensions as you please.

You can put the Jammer extension UNDER the basebar, putting your armrests on your basebar. Heck, use an inverted -15 Syntace bar and you're armrest can be lower than the basebar!
Quote Reply