Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tendonitis in the foot
Quote | Reply
2 days after Ralph's my husband's foot really started hurting him. It was worse at the end of the days and most painful during/after running. He went to the dr. yesterday (which means it must have hurt pretty bad), who said it was probably tendonitis. He prescribed naprosyn.

So how long should we expect him to be out - any fixes anyone can suggest other than the drugs? We're training for the San Diego Marathon (June 4) and I'd hate to do it alone.
Quote Reply
Re: tendonitis in the foot [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin - need way more info as to where it is. If he was prescribed Naprosyn for his tendonitis, he most likely went to visit his friendly family physician for sure ;)

If it is along the inside ankle bone (wild guess of mine) - google posterior tibial tendonitis. If behind the outside ankle bone - google peroneal tendonitis. I'm assuming you know what the achilles tendon is. If neither of these places, let me know where. In general, the best way to get rid of ANY tendonitis is to simply NOT USE the tendon/muscle/action. It is both that simple and that hard. THEN find out what caused the tendonitis or a lovely revolving door awaits ...