Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SF / Marin swimming
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be out in the SF Bay for a week and will be staying in San Rafael. Does anyone know of a master's swimming group that meets mid week? i've swum before at the Mill Valley rec center pool and did a Saturday morning workout once at the High School, but never found a group mid-week.

I'll be in from Wed - the following Tuesday.
Quote Reply
Re: SF / Marin swimming [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm marin you have a few mid week options. There are morning workouts at Marin Academy, I believe everyday. I know you can find hours on that US masters find a pool page. Marin Academy is right in the middle of San Rafael.

The Tam high school group, that it sounds like you've swam with before, in Mill Valley has a few morning and evening workouts during the week but I am not sure what the schedule is. You can call the HS I'm sure (Mt. Tam HS).

There is also a big Masters program at College of Marin in Kentfield. Pretty sure they go at 6am every day. I know you can find the hours through google. All three are open with a small drop in fee. Hope this helps.

The weather is awful here right now.

(I grew up in SR)

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Re: SF / Marin swimming [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are staying in San Rafael sometime soon you absolutely MUST try the trail running. China Camp has some good trails right in SR and then there is the rest of Marin County, great for running with ocean views or through the Redwoods. It will be a big wildflower year in April when the rains stop (cross fingers).
Quote Reply
Re: SF / Marin swimming [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IF the rain stops......

I grew up at the base of china camp. What an incredible place and dead empty all week long.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply