Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....which leads me to another question, I am swimming with a buoy all the time right now because of a recent acl surgery, and am swimming times close to before when I would kick, is that kind of like an equalizer?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [leon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on what your race goals are!

An assumption on this forum seems to be that we should do whatever is necessary to make us faster.

However, if your goal is not speed, but comfort and a good time - then base your decision on how warm/cold you want to be and whether you are more comfortable in a wetsuit or out.

Even with a well-fitting wetsuit (a new thing for me) I still feel a lot more comfortable without one. Without it, I experience the water a lot more directly. It is like a wilderness experience. Except for the thrashing people all around. The only race I intend use the wetsuit for this year is Alcatraz, plus any others where the water is below 62 degrees or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The only race I intend use the wetsuit for this year is Alcatraz, plus any others where the water is below 62 degrees or so.
I am doing Alactraz as well, wouldn't dream of jumping off the ferry without a suit! I know people who do it, but they are nuts. I like pain but not that much.

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be using a suit for the first time in April. I guess from these posts I should use the body glide stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [trying to tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I will be using a suit for the first time in April. I guess from these posts I should use the body glide stuff?
Try some open water swimming first, see if you get chafe anywhere....I have body glide in my bag but have not used it, but I see tons of other people lathering themselves up in that stuff maybe just as a precaution....

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [leon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wear it.....you will be faster......or less tired.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a wetsuit in Oly dist? [trying to tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body glide on neck is my recommendation...but even without it, you'll live....
Quote Reply

Prev Next