Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softride Beam Removal??
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, a little advice needed from downunder. I would like to remove the beam from my Powerwing to have it resprayed, I just cant seem to figure out how to remove the front pivot bolt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Beam Removal?? [roxii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beam has a steel pin driven or pressed in. If you look under the front of the beam you will see it, it runs sideways to the direction of the bike. Softride has a parts kit for like $10 that has a new pin and anchor kit that goes inside the beam. If you also plan to pull apart the front mounting hardware in the beam note the order of parts, and the part that had the pin through it has a nut inside the top of the beam, and it is threaded into the beam as well. The order and method by which you put the parts back together makes a difference, I think Softride has instructions available online, otherwise I might be able to find a set and scan them for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Beam Removal?? [Race4LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Will check out the website for the instructions.

Unfortunatley both softrides and people who know anything about them are rare as rocking-horse poo down here, so thanks for your help.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Beam Removal?? [roxii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more thing, that pin has raised lines on one side. I found a set of instructions, they say to drive the pin out from riders left side to riders right side. Then for re-install put the smooth side in first.

Hope that is not a bit late.
Quote Reply