Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerobar armrest pad foam
Quote | Reply
One of my new F19 aerobar pads flew off my bike as I drove to my ride this morning. It's lying somewhere on highway 85 between Mountain View and Almaden, so keep an eye out for it...
The glue that holds the velcro to the armrest doesn't seem to like my sweat much.

Instead of buying another pair, I think I want to make my own, thinner, pads from some high-density sheet foam. Can anyone recommend a good source for foam for this job? I need just enough thickness to avoid feeling the bolts that hold the armrests on.

(By the way, one of the gang had a spare, so I was saved for today...)
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar armrest pad foam [bigshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get pads pre-cut from a company called Cee-Gee (I think that's the name). They're an aftermarket pad made of the foam you describe. Far more comfy that the originals. Have a look on ebay.

If you want to make your own try an upholstery shop for the material.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar armrest pad foam [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened to me on my first ride with new aerobars, so I just wrote to them and they were very helpful - sending me a new pad (and metal plate to go underneath for no apparent reason! ) free of charge :)

(I was using F19s as well)
Last edited by: james406: Mar 26, 06 15:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McMaster-Carr has almost every type of foam conceivable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two words: beer koozies

They have reasonably thin foam, come in colors and have a curvature that makes them ideal.

I have a funny story about a certain texan and some aerobars I may have to share some time...

-Pete S.

Long Standing Champion of the Training Trifecta
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobar armrest pad foam [sandbaggio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beer koozies - now that's a great idea. I'll see if I can find some with a good picture on them...

Thanks!
Quote Reply