Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy Chorus ('04) 10 shifting problems
Quote | Reply
On my road bike, I have often had trouble with shifting on the cassette. It seems like I'm always having at least one, if not all, of the below.

- Can't shift all the way down to the bottom cog (adjustment screw is all the way out)

- If on the bottom cog, shift up one, and nothing happens

- If I set it so that it will shift up one on the first click, then it won't go back down

- Mid-cassette, I can click down one (i.e., to a smaller cog), and nothing happens, click again, and it goes 2 cogs

- The "auto" transmission that shifts on its own (I obviously got 2 cogs on 3 clicks, and it gives me the 3rd cog later as a surprise)

Note that this is much worse if it's wet. And it runs along just fine in the middle of the block (i.e., no ticking), and shifts up/down just fine when on the bike stand (other than the first two bullets noted above) and never has an issue reaching the largest cog, etc. I have about 4000+ miles on this RD, and use chain lube on the pivot points when I lube the chain. Don't know what else to do.

Ideas?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Chorus ('04) 10 shifting problems [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you need to re-index the rear mech.

Take a look here http://www.campagnolo.com/..._Rear_derailleur.pdf at pages 20-21 of the pdf. It's a lot easier than you'd think. If that doesn't work, then dunno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have a shop look at it. Have them do this:

-Make sure the housing is slippery

-align the derailluer hanger

- make sure your rear shifter and your rear derailleur are from the same generation. Campy changed their pull ratio about 2001 or so (I think). If you're running incompatible equipment, it will never work. Good news is that you can change the pull ratio by swapping an index cog.

The Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the cable is running on wrong side of the thightening bolt, the shifting don't work through the entire cassette range.
Quote Reply
Re: Campy Chorus ('04) 10 shifting problems [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sounds like you need to re-index the rear mech.

Take a look here http://www.campagnolo.com/..._Rear_derailleur.pdf at pages 20-21 of the pdf. It's a lot easier than you'd think. If that doesn't work, then dunno.
That's exactly what I do whenever I adjust it. Doh!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply