Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is the Jet 90 a new wheel?
Quote | Reply
I never noticed this wheel before. Is it just a renamed HED Deep?

Am a I wrong, or is this the only "super" deep (> 60mm) clincher wheel available.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Jet 90 a new wheel? [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the Jets appear to be new wheels. They do have a lower spoke count than before so that's a change. I think they also have bladed spokes. I also think you are right about it being the only deep clincher. That's the wheel that started me on my new wheel binge. It's pretty heavy but that might not be a problem down there on the Oklahoma flats. Do you want it for the front or rear or both?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Jet 90 a new wheel? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for the front. Oklahoma isn't as flat as most people think (at least where I live and race), lots and lots of rolling terrain, but I'm not real concerned about weight. It is such a small percentage of the total weight and all my races start and finish at the same place, so total elevation gain is zero. The minor penalty going up is offset mostly by the gains going down, make the net penalty unnoticeable.

Cool races:
- Redman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the HED jet, unless I'm mistaken, is a basically a normal wheel with a carbon fairing. The carbon part is really thin, and is flexable if you squeeze it. ie, its aero, but provides no structural support.

I've been looking at these, and they look like pretty good wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so would the 40 be the "sort of deep" and the 60 be the "Semi-deep"?? j/k The jet 90 is the deep and new for this year is the lower spoke count, probably attributed to a stronger rim. Also new are the graphics. My jet 90 only says "HED" on it. It is from 2003.

Considering I use a CH aero cover on the rear. The concept of the Jet seems fine to me.

I had a tubular 404 and Renn Disk before. Great wheels both of them, but not worth the money (compared an aero cover and Jet wheel) in my opinion. Aero way, way trumps weight IMHO.

Cool races:
- Redman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justin, You can get the Jet90 form Trisports.com and get the 15% discount by typing in "Slowtwitch" in thecoupon box. Makes that wheel a great deal, but you better call to make sure that you get the new one.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Jet 90 a new wheel? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that is what I plan on doing. Curiously though I don't see the Jet 90 front listed on trisports. Only the rear. I'm sure they can get though. Should be around $350 I think after the discount.

Cool races:
- Redman
Quote Reply