Re: How do you Deal With Discouragment? [LittleRingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The following things suck LOL

Get well soon.

Re: How do you Deal With Discouragment? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< How do ST'rs deal with discouragment? >>

they buy a new bike ;-)

For me, alcohol and/or spanking the monkey seem to take my mind offa things for a while....

As for your AT, have seen an ART person about it? Not that ART is the end-all, be-all, cure-all, but it can work very well in certain instances.

<< PS Don't ever lay off for 20 years. Coming back is a bitch on your body >>

Look at the bright side - your "athletic age" is 20 years younger than your race-day age. Work to change or improve the things you CAN control, and don't stress about the things you can't. Good luck.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: How do you Deal With Discouragment? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto what Jay said. I love tris, but my creaky knees sometimes rebel a bit with too much running. The bike is my best leg anyway, so I tried doing my first TTs already this year. I have a full tri season planned but I've enjoyed the TTs so much, I may dedicate next season to more of a bike racing focus.

One very neat thing about Triathlon is that it is made up of three sports that are all fun to do by themselves. If you can't run for awhile, tri more bike only events or swimming on a masters squad. You'll maintain your fitness until you can get back to running and if you can't then maybe you'll find something that you'll like just as much as tri or even more.

Good luck, I really fought an ITB problem a few years ago and ended up bagging tri training in favor of Fly Fishing for most of a year, in the end I just need an enjoyable pursuit to throw myself into. Too many fun activities, too little time.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you Deal With Discouragment? [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really thank ya'll for your responses. Very helpful and made me think a lot about the mental side of the sport.

Prev Next