Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo 2t successor
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

i´m currently thinking about upgrading my vortex smart to one of the more "modern" trainers ;-)
Do you know if there is any rumors about the release of a new version of a tacx neo trainer?

Of course i would like to avoid buying a trainer which will be replaced with a newer version soon afterwards.

Best,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2t successor [chwunder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trainer companies are still working very hard just to keep up with demand. If a new model is announced I wouldn't expect it to hit shelves for many months to come. On top of that you do NOT want to be a the owner of a brand new model of smart trainer. The rule with smart trainers and power meters is to avoid low serial numbers like the plague. You want to wait at least 12 months for the companies to sort out the real world teething issues before taking the leap or else you are at significant risk of ending up with large and expensive paper weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2t successor [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
Trainer companies are still working very hard just to keep up with demand. If a new model is announced I wouldn't expect it to hit shelves for many months to come. On top of that you do NOT want to be a the owner of a brand new model of smart trainer. The rule with smart trainers and power meters is to avoid low serial numbers like the plague. You want to wait at least 12 months for the companies to sort out the real world teething issues before taking the leap or else you are at significant risk of ending up with large and expensive paper weight.

alright, so i should get a neo 2t :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Refreshing the topic.
Has anyone heard when will be introduced the successor to the Neo 2T ?
It's been 4 years since the Neo 2T was released.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno where you live, but in Europe the second hand prices on NEO 2T is many times way below 50% of new price, for basically unused Covid-Desperation purchases.
May be worth looking into IMO

chwunder wrote:

alright, so i should get a neo 2t :D
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2t successor [triathlete_78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trainers are pretty mature nowadays and the entry level direct drive products are killing the high end market. Even decathlon has a smart direct drive trainer now.
They would have to come up with something mind blowingly different for it to be worth upgrading to.
It seems trainer companies lately are focused on minor updates (tacx motion plates, wahoo move, zwift cog) rather than complete new things.
Last edited by: marcoviappiani: Oct 26, 23 6:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of my 2 (not 2T) I've had for 4+ years now. In certain situations it underreports Wattage by 10-20% vs my Quarq, so in Zwift racing I have to pair my Quarq. Often very slow in responding to erg mode power level changes, e.g. I have 10s sprint intervals that end up being 13-14 seconds which is maddening when you're at your absolute limit. I can't put my Cervelo "NP3" on it because the chainstays rub against the plastic casing of the Neo 2. So I can't train in the TT position, have to use my road or gravel bike.

I thought software updates might eventually fix some of those, but nope. And from what I can tell on "the internet," the 2T hasn't fixed those things either.

I'm contemplating pretty much giving it away and buying a Zwift Hub or Wahoo Core.
Quote Reply