Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing
Quote | Reply
I noticed that there were a few SRMs in use I guess the info gathered in a drafting race is probably more useful for post race anaylisis and training? Unless you are trying to attack off the front.

Disapointing that no one could get away on the bike in either race, but the mens fight for the Silver between Robertson and Docherty on the run was great as was the Hewitt and Tanner battle for bronze in the Womnes race.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seconded - the men's 2d and 3rd fight was awesome. I'd never really realised how much the Kiwis//Aussies genuinely dislike each other though! After a battle like that you always see sportsmen shake hands or at least aknowledge the other's effort. In both the men and women's race though they totally stonewalled each other and just waited for teammates to cross - seemed odd.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 4 srm files from the race, sorry I can't share ;-)

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing [czone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really are they from the Canadian team as they all seemed to use them? I am guessing there were alot of peaks and troughs where the pace yoyo'd as the vairous tatical fights played out?
Last edited by: boing: Mar 20, 06 11:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joel, what´s up with Natascha? I heard she is in Brazilk with a new coach not you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do the files tell you - that the cycling was pathetic? But seriously who ever designed that commonwealth games course needs to be taken out and shot for "crimes against triathlon" Don't know what that sport was but certainly wasn't a TRIathlon. Great athletes but cycling was certainly not involved.

If they are going to have draft legal races, fair enough but... they have to put in some real hills on the bike. Personally I found the whole thing a big bore until the run started. Even that was very predictable as you could tell who were the greyhounds in the race that were going to do 30min 10k splits.

Contrast that to the Olympics where it was high excitement from the min they got on the bike, breakaways, time splits to follow and then super fast runners getting off the bike and going backwards through the field because they had paid too much leg tax climbing the hills on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Contrast that to the Olympics where it was high excitement from the min they got on the bike, breakaways, time splits to follow and then super fast runners getting off the bike and going backwards through the field because they had paid too much leg tax climbing the hills on the bike.

Leg Tax!!! That's a great phrase!!

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Tri, Srm's & great racing [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What do the files tell you - that the cycling was pathetic? But seriously who ever designed that commonwealth games course needs to be taken out and shot for "crimes against triathlon" Don't know what that sport was but certainly wasn't a TRIathlon. Great athletes but cycling was certainly not involved.

If they are going to have draft legal races, fair enough but... they have to put in some real hills on the bike. Personally I found the whole thing a big bore until the run started. Even that was very predictable as you could tell who were the greyhounds in the race that were going to do 30min 10k splits.

Diamond,

don't forget that you need the hills there first before you put then in the race....

there are no hills in that part of Melbourne.....
Quote Reply