Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question for ATLANTA Slowtwitchers [litherland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stone mountain is a good option - especially during a week day. if you don't mind an 1hr drive or so you could hit some of the gaps in the north ga mtns for great climbing and very little traffic.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for ATLANTA Slowtwitchers [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]i've never ridden on the comet. are there any problems with rollerbladers, kids on bikes, joggers - in other words, does it get crowded?[/reply]

Some folks are giving the SCT a bad rap. If you go early enough in the day, it's not that bad, no matter where you are (I always start at the Smyrna trailhead, which, for the first five miles or so, is the most congested part of the trail). It only gets REALLY crowded during the nice weekends in the spring and fall anyway, and even then it's still later in the day. If you go out at 7 or 8 AM in July, just about the only other people you'll see out are other hard-core exercisers. 1:OO on a Saturday in mid-April, forget about it. It's also not as crowded if you start out a few miles into the trail.

You have definitely got to pay attention to your surroundings at all times, though, no matter when or where you go out. If nothing else, the squirrels and rabbits like to dart out in front of you. I've had a couple of sphincter-clinchers out in the middle of nowhere that way.

--
fork DOWN
times DOWN
woo - jackmott
Quote Reply
Re: Question for ATLANTA Slowtwitchers [johnny law] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. You can be smart about your Silver Comet usage and really get a good ride in. Weekday mornings are best.

I give to the Path Foundation regularly, so I get teed off when people say it's for walkers and rollerbladers and serious cyclists need not show up. And I've seen this guy on a Litespeed pulling a Burley trailer doing 25-30.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for ATLANTA Slowtwitchers [johnny law] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for ATLANTA Slowtwitchers [FastInAtl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few mind numbing laps at Columns Drive is a weekend favorite.....or the Cartersville Bud Plant ride.....then there is the Kennesaw Mt. 8am ride.....mostly roadies now though...

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply

Prev Next