Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Auburn Tri
Quote | Reply
I know we have IMAZ, WF and a whole host of other events on the horizon....who's coming out to Norcal for the Auburn tri in May?

I think locals H20 and JohnA are in.

If there is enough interest - I'm planning on organizing a post race BBQ (20 min from the race).
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Tri [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few of us from Livermore that will be heading up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Tri [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gosh, I had sooooo much fun there last year I just wish I could come back.

Fun = racing on borrowed POS bike cause my Kestrel was swiped from the geerage the day I left for the race. ;-)

Someday I'm gonna hit that course on a bike that fits!

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there.
Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have a link?

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason, that would be great. Now, I am 20 minutes from the race. Where are you located?

Again, I sure hope anyone doing this race is working on killer hills. I have done the course a few times and have yet to make it without walking a few hills. I did the loop from Bell up north and back, 37 miles, and was able to make all the hills yesterday for the first time. By far, the HARDEST ride I have ever taken. But, since there are so few cars, it will now be my standard practice rides. Just stop at Bell on the way home from work and go kill myself.

I am going to use the Napa half for a warm up. Anyone else doing?

Within 14 days, I am going to try and do the Napa Half, then the City of Gold Sprint, and then the Auburn half race.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing the race. May 7th, 1st 1/2 IM in St Croix. Less than 2 weeks later, 2nd 1/2 IM in Auburn. I'm beginning to think that the first time I get my bike outisde is race day St Croix... praying for warmer weather and a break from the kids soon....
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Tri [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, I'm in Granite Bay.

Have not been swimming/running and am debating on either doing the half as a relay or signing up for the sprint (i can bluff a 500m swim & 1.8 mile run). Will keep you posted on a bbq although I do not want to conflict with the awards banquet - we'll see as the race gets closer.

Will also be able to put a few people up as I've got two extra bedrooms.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great. Yep, you are 20 minutes down the hill.

So, are you going to be doing the TBF Duathlon at Folsom this weekend? Looks like the weather may finally be nice.

Not looking forward to the run after such a killer bike ride but what the heck, great exercise!!

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No multi sports this weekend. You? I'm toggling between the Wards Ferry road race and the Ronde (circuit style crit). I really have not run or swam in many months. Was out there for an mtb ride the other day and the lake looks pretty messy (debris everywhere). TBF has a lot of work to do to get it swim ready. Do you know the temp? Should be a tough little race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there along with a few others from Sonoma County. Dave is getting my attention with his description of the climbs...what kind of gearing are your running?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have worked the mountain bike series for TBF this year and did not see junk in the lake then. But, with the rain we have been having, that can change overnight. Luckily there is no swim until the Ice breaker in mid april.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the xterra race this sunday has a swim
Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Tri [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike ... this will be Brads "easiest" bike version of the Auburn Half yet ... you'll be fine w/ all the training you do around here. Still be challenging but you'll be fine.

I'll be there announcing and helping Brad w/ race logisitics

Hope you are well ...

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: trifaster: Mar 27, 06 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not think of Sunday. Too cold for me. I will be doing the UCdavis on Sunday with a pool swim. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Auburn Tri [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David, have you road the new course? The loop he added to bear river campground is a killer getting back out!! I guess hard is hard. Look forward to seeing you again at the race.

Dave

Quote Reply