Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with diet/nutrition
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to get a better handle on my diet and nutrition. I don't feel as though I eat poorly but I have no idea of how many calories I'm putting in my body, let alone the breakdown of protein, carbs, etc. I would like to know and understand these things a bit better but I really don't have the time and/or desire to learn this stuff from the ground up.

What I am ideally looking for would be a website/service where I can get recipes of healthy meals that I can prepare myself along with grocery shopping lists needed to make them. Something like a weekly schedule for my nutrition similar to what I get from my coach for workouts. Does such a service exist?

I'm a single guy who can cook (sort of) but I don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. I am also not such a gourmet that I need anything fancy... a couple of easy meals that I can choose from would be perfect.

So, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Quote Reply
Re: Help with diet/nutrition [ejm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
recipezaar.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is an article in women's health about this, the online diet program. they reviewed several of the most popular sites, including: ediets.com; weightwatchers.com; southbeachdiet.com; dietwatch.com; and fitday.com

ediets.com got an A because it is varied, offers exercise advice, and there is a support network. you have to choose an eating plan, answer questions, and it will summon up a plan.

fitday.com scored a D, but oddly enough, i personally like it. it's not a diet per say, but allows you to track calories, food eaten, activity, and give you charts and graphs of what you're eating. how much of your diet if composed of fats, carbs, protein, etc. it won't prescribe an eating plan, but is an excellent way to track what you're eating and you can learn alot about your food.

the other programs seem too diet/weight loss oriented and that's not what you're really going for....so i won't elaborate on those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.fitday.com

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply