Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

seatposts w/ more setback (not sure that's the right term)
Quote | Reply
Hey all -

I have a C'dale R1000 road bike and I'm trying to spread myself out and get a little more room - specifically, I'd like to "sit" further back. I have the saddle slid almost all the way back, but even that barely has the back of the saddle 1/3 over the rear wheel.

I'd like to find a seatpost that angles back more in one way or the other so that I am both more spread-out and more weight over the rear wheel.

Welcome all suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: seatposts w/ more setback (not sure that's the right term) [nycowl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomson and Moots come to mind
Quote Reply
Re: seatposts w/ more setback (not sure that's the right term) [nycowl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FSA has a carbon seat post with an offset. Bought one last year around $115.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
certain saddles also allow you to get more setback. The selle italia SLR series comes to mind, and they are surprisingly comfortable

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Easton [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of the Easton posts have a lot of set back. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The easton EC70 has the most set back of any readily available post. While it has about 25mm of rear offset, it has one of the smallest clamps width which allows you to slide the seat about 1 cm more than other seatposts with 25mm of offset.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply