Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oh No.........LA r**ght again (House Spoiler)
Quote | Reply
Boobie eats it again on the slopes.

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply
Re: Oh No.........LA r**ght again (House Spoiler) [Houseless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, because 6th place in the Olympics certainly equals eating it...
Quote Reply
Re: Oh No.........LA r**ght again (House Spoiler) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bode has already won the gold in the foot in mouth event. He is a winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Boobie eats it again on the slopes.[/reply]

A) Why are you such an asshole? Are you really that big of a dick that you can't be as mature as members of every other sports forum? It's pretty sad that some 14 year old on a soccer forum understands respect more then you do.

B) Why did you change your name? Are you now obsessed with me? Why do you have no info about yourself or have your settings to allow pm's. Sounds like you are some dickhead troll.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In all honesty, what is your problem with Bode Miller?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Oh No.........LA r**ght again (House Spoiler) [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In all honesty, what is your problem with Bode Miller?

Bode is cocky (not to be confused with confidence), selfish, and has no respect for the sport that has given him a nice living or the other competitors. I am qualified to say this because I spend a lot of time around him during preseason training, know him well, and see him interact with teamates and people in general. He's a jackass.

Comments such as "I don't see winning five gold medals as a positive thing for me. What am I going to do with the medals?" does not show respect to the achievement, the sport, or the effort of other competitors. It does however give him a way out if per chance he didn't perform...'well, I didn't really want medals anyway.' Why does this guy disrespect the other competitors by alluding to the fact that he could win if he feels like it?

If Bode didn't care, then he wouldn't have negotiated a multi-million dollar sponsorship contract from Atomic - something none of the other greats were brash enough to ask for. It's easy to say what he says when you've made millions from the sport - something very few skiers do. Does he know that many of the European skiers have offseason jobs?

Incidentally, his finishes aren't that great. It is far easier to go top-10 in an Olympic ski race than in a World Cup race - guys like Maier and Aamodt have already mentioned that. Why? Because Bode is only racing against 4 Austrians, 4 Swiss, 4 Italians, 4 Norwegians, etc. You see a lot of new faces in the top 10, because it's an empty field. In any given day on the World Cup you may have 10 Austrians in the top 15, but not in the Olympics. Every country is limited to four, and it makes North Americans feel good about their results, and gives false hope to the fans that don't know better. European countries face a dilemma when picking their Olympic four...which ones race? The Austrians, for example, hold time trials in the days before the Olympics to find out who is fast this week. They have so many great skiers, that they didn't enter a WC champion, Michael Walchoffer, into his best event.

That's why Bode's finishes aren't that great, and why the Canadians like Bourque and Guay are pissed off with 4th place finishes....because they know 4th at the Olympics might not even be a top 10 in a World Cup event.

Bode has flopped at these Olympics...pure and simple. He's flopped because his results have not been what he said he would do, and he's flopped because he is not being a leader to his team either. Bode only cares for numer 1 - himself - the young guys on his team have skied well in spite of the Bode circus.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh No.........LA r**ght again (House Spoiler) [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for that personal insight! It's nice to read information based on personal experiences, rather than opinion based on media hype or the lack there of.
Quote Reply