Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think it really depends on the bike. I'm a 3:00 marathoner and consider myself a "runner" But I took the bike super easy in my first IM this year (20 mph) at florida averaging a 145 BPM (max 203) and pulled off a 3:19 marathon. So it's not impossible to have a steller run after a half decent bike. Earlier I ran a 1:25 in a half Ironman (in August) and my average HR was around 181.

I haven't run an open 1/2 marathon in a while but my PR is a 1:20 and I avg 192! in that race (yes it was very painful, hilly race)

The general rule of thumb in Marathoning that has worked reasonably well for me is this formula:

2 x Marathon Time + 8 minutes.

Of course this doesn't work with the IM marathon, but I would tack on 20 min - 30 min to that rule?
Quote Reply
Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [IMTriSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ran a 1/2 mary at around 95% max HR?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean there isn't ONE magic thing to focus on, Brian?

Damn...

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tthat seems like he added an hour to his bike split to save 30min on the run. I'm talking from absolutly no experience with IM so im really asking, it seems to me like this is the safe but not fast way to execute IM pacing. Am I off base here?
Quote Reply
Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [CUTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, more like added 30 mins to his bike time to save 60 on the run I think ... His first IM and went 10:53 (not sure of his age, but 35-39). I'd say pretty good pacing and a lot smarter/better than my first IM attempt.

Re: 3:40 IM Run Time [Sparky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Sparky, it is worth something to me, 'cause now I know of someone out there who has the same times for the same situations. I feel better knowing I am not alone.

Thanks

"Maybe you should just run faster..." TM
Quote Reply

Prev Next