Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Green Tea
Quote | Reply
Has anybody else found that whenever they drink green tea that they get a crazy appetite? My understanding is that it helps in weight loss because it increases your metabolism. The odd time I have it I find that I get crazy hungry. If one were to use this to help loose weight, as its often advertised to do, it seems pretty counter productive if it makes you so hungry. Anybody else out there experience this?
Quote Reply
Re: Green Tea [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't believe all the health benefits of green tea. That being said I'm a real green tea nut. It's a fairly good source of anti-oxidants and contains a small amount of caffeine. The amount of caffeine depends on the type of tea and the steeping time. Green teas should be brewed at a lower temperature, 180F, for 3 minutes.

There are teas such as Genmai Cha, that also contain rice and popcorn that cutdown on the caffeine and may introduce a small amount of carbs (very small).

A great site to buy and learn about tea is www.adagio.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Green Tea [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have made the switch to green tea and have not found it to increase my appetite at all. I had reached a weight plateau, stuck at 172-175. I read here about green tea and decided to drop the coffee for three servings of tea day. In just a couple of weeks I am down to 167. Sometimes it takes just a little change for your body to move off its "set" weight. At least for me it seems my body finds a certain weight range and then is stays within that range. Then no matter how much I eat or don't eat, workout or rest, my weight stays in that pretty small range. I then have to find out what I can add or take away from what I am doing to get things moving down again. For me it was green tea. I would recommend the tea if your looking for that little sumin-sumin to get you over the hump.

Bob
Quote Reply