Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No picture, Position observation.
Quote | Reply
I have noticed that my HR goes up in the aero positon. I have attributed this to the fact that I am a litte compact in my areo bars, but, if I streatch out to breath i am out ouf the 90deg ideal. of course this is just on the trainer.

I wonder if this will hold true on the road. I also notice that I move back and forth on the sadle.

Is this the norm?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: No picture, Position observation. [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not unusual. I've recently went back to a road bike and a more upright position.

Though I don't have a power meter, going by cadence and heartrate on a trainer, in the aero postion I was losing power (higher heart rate +10 bpm, for same cadence) while on the aero bars. I was fitted very well and comfortable. But I don't think I was necessarily faster all "tri-d" out.

I've found now back on a road bike that not laying down, but up in a road position on mini-aero bars, I have much more power (that's my perception at least). It's a trade off, but so far my average speeds are significantly improving, and I'm in a base phase of periodization... I'll be interested as I increase the milage if my digestion will become better since I think the aero position seemed to hinder that also.

There's a balance between power and aero.
Quote Reply
Re: No picture, Position observation. [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how wide are your elbows?

My HR would go way up (or my wattage down) when got into my bars... I improved the situation by widening my bars by about 2". I think it opens my chest up enough that I am not constricted when I breath.
Quote Reply