Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Training Seminar
Quote | Reply
As per my last post, I´m putting various public speeches together, another doubt has come to my mind.

Can I use the word IRONMAN??? Or do I have to pay something to WTC or whoever? Maybe it will be better to annouce LONG DIST TRI Seminar?

Thanks, oh yeah, if you read y´day post, we will charge $49 for a afternoon series of speechs with specialits in Nutrition, Physio, Equipment, THe COach and PRo Athlete, 5 speechs, ~1h each. - 18th of feb.
Last edited by: feltboy: Feb 2, 06 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Training Seminar [feltboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know of a race director who used the words "Half Ironman" for one of his races. He was forced to change it to "Half Iron Distance" because of IMNA. So I am sure they don't want their brand image used by just anybody unless of course you are willing to give them a big royalty check :-)

Cheers

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you'll be forced to use IronPerson instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Training Seminar [thomps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe IronmEn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOULDN'T IT MAKE MORE SENSE, FROM A MARKETING STANDPOINT, TO NAME IT A "TRIATHLON TRAINING SEMINAR" and then, as a subtitle, make reference to the types of athletes (and i use the word loosely) it would be most appropriate for (whether by race distance or racing experience - for instance, someone who has done 10 ironman races may be looking for different info than someone who is about to do their first) - maybe you are catering to both or one, but let people know

sorry about the caps lock being on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a suggestion:

I'm pretty sure you will want to have people from ST attending your talks/seminars/camps. If you do, I think it looks bad that people will remember you as the guy that was asking around for ideas on how to make money out of one afternoon with a coach and a pro athlete. If you don't want people from ST there, please disregard my suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest calling them sessions instead of speeches. 5 hours of speeches sounds deadly dull.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Training Seminar [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah mate,
No ST people allowed in there, I won´t even post here the location of the seminar.

And hell yeah, 3 guys, me a coach and a pro athlete really trying to take money from our richer athletes.

We have something they want (they will tell everyone they train like Pro athlete X) and they got something we want ... $$$

I could do a coaching business consulting service for you if you want! You have no idea of how much power and influence you have and how much money you could take from your athletes (well, actually you do!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have no idea of how much power and influence you have and how much money you could take from your athletes.

I think you have just discouraged any remaing athlete looking for your help.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply