Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour de France Video(s) (2005)
Quote | Reply
I’m looking for a good Tour de France 2005 DVD set. I’ve heard of one called the “Magnificent 7.” There’s both a 4-hour version and a 12-hour version. All things equal, I’d rather have the 12-hour version, but I’ve heard that the 12-hour version is very poor quality, including unbearable background noise and other amateur mistakes. Is this also true of the 4-hour version? Truth be told, I’m not married to any particular video, I’m just looking for the best one available; so, is there a better Tour de France 2005 DVD that I’m missing? Comments?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Video(s) (2005) [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have the set at costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11074171&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I’m looking for a good Tour de France 2005 DVD set. I’ve heard of one called the “Magnificent 7.” There’s both a 4-hour version and a 12-hour version. All things equal, I’d rather have the 12-hour version, but I’ve heard that the 12-hour version is very poor quality, including unbearable background noise and other amateur mistakes. Is this also true of the 4-hour version? Truth be told, I’m not married to any particular video, I’m just looking for the best one available; so, is there a better Tour de France 2005 DVD that I’m missing? Comments?

May I suggest the 10 hour 2001 Tour de France. Great mountain stages on that on..Has the fake bonk, lance's "look". Has Jan and his almost version of "The Otherside of the Mountain".

The DVD is from the direct TV feed so sometimes it does get choppy. But if you can bare the OLN coverage you can handle the DVD quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received the 12 hour version as a present and haven't noticed anything about poor quality. The one thing that is annoying is the cheesy background music at the beginning. Then again, I've only been able to sit through a few hours so I'll post more if I find something.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de France Video(s) (2005) [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trevor S: "May I suggest the 10 hour 2001 Tour de France."

You are so right. The 2001 TdF was incredible and Lance's look back at Jan was one of the greatest moments in sports history. And, if my choice was, "Which TdF of all the TdFs, which one would I choose?", then I would choose that one for all the reasons you stated ... that was a great TdF. However, my brother went to the 2005 TdF and he missed watching it on TV and wants to see what he missed. So, I'd like to recommend the best 2005 TdF video for him. Yet, thanks for the feedback and my apologies for not being more clear as to my rationale for choosing the 2005 TdF, in particular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, If you don't want to spend the coin on the DVD set.

If you have a Netflix account you can rent each single DVD of the 2005 addition and "back-up" the discs you like. :-)

http://www.netflix.com/...;strkid=21553309_2_0

Also I recomment ..."Sunday in Hell" it's a classic or the Sean Kelly DVD is also great.
Quote Reply