Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM electrode cream
Quote | Reply
This came up in the thread about chest hair and HRMs and I thought it deserved a separate thread. I had no idea there was such a product. KonaDream uses a product called Buh Bump; I looked it up -- it's only about $8 a tube. This may be the answer to the occassional inconsistent readouts with my 625x.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM electrode cream [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This came up in the thread about chest hair and HRMs and I thought it deserved a separate thread. I had no idea there was such a product. KonaDream uses a product called Buh Bump; I looked it up -- it's only about $8 a tube. This may be the answer to the occassional inconsistent readouts with my 625x.
What ever happened to spit? Last I checked, it was free.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no no no...KY jelly...cheaper still...and it washes off easy...just try explaining it is for HRM use to your SO
Quote Reply
Re: HRM electrode cream [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to go the spit route before discovering the cream. The cream saturates the pads on the strap better than spit. On a hot day , the spit evaporates and your back at square one. That $8.00 tube has lasted me for almost a year, and yes I do wear my monitor alot...
Quote Reply
Re: HRM electrode cream [KonaDream] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Used to go the spit route before discovering the cream. The cream saturates the pads on the strap better than spit. On a hot day , the spit evaporates and your back at square one. That $8.00 tube has lasted me for almost a year, and yes I do wear my monitor alot...
On a hot day, don't you sweat?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I sweat, but it doesn't find its way to the pads, at least not enough to keep them constantly wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's one hairy dude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I sweat, but it doesn't find its way to the pads, at least not enough to keep them constantly wet.

Ummm, okay, so where exactly does that sweat find its way to???? I know everyone has different sweat rates, but good grief, you are one dry individual if you don't sweat enough in the heat---or during any kind of workout---to keep a HRM going!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spit doesn't always work; nor does wetting it down. I don't mind spending a little for something that can address those frigid mornings when I get a persistant 00.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ultrasound gel - it's like 10 bucks for a gallon.

(or just steal it from the hospital)

works like a charm

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in a dry climate. On a cool dry day here (like 10% humidity) I can work fairly hard without sweating enough for the HRM to work.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM electrode cream [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see, biking at 18-24mph, moisture evaporates with the breeze. Having been ruuning all my life in FL., when my stap is secured to my chest, there's not much of a gap for the sweat to get to the pads. Everyone's different, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone's different, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Well, pretty much everything sticks to everything down in the land of humidity...but anyway, you're right---everyone's different. Just giving you some good-natured grief.

<but still wondering why the heck you can't sweat enough to keep the HRM reading *especially considering you live in Florida!!!!*, not that I'm obsessing about it....>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, the truth is I just LOVE THE CREAM...I think it's time to let this thread die a slow death...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! I *knew* we'd get to the truth!

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As they say, The Truth Will Set You Free!!! A big thank you to AmyCo for the support...
Quote Reply