Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

goggle rash
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get back into the pool, and, upon my return, a problem that I developed late summer popped right back up.

Around one of my eyes, a patch at the top and another at the bottom, where my goggles fit, I have a little spot of dry irritated skin.

I suppose it's some sort of allergy to the goggles, compounded by chlorine. Anyone have a history with this? Any ideas for stuff to put on before or after swimming to alleviate?
Quote Reply
Re: goggle rash [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you switched your goggles out recently? I had a problem when I lived in humid Victoria with mold growing on my goggles (I couldn't see it, a swimmer told me it was there) sometimes and I would get a rash. Here in Calgary there is no problem, but that may be what is giving you the rash?

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you have a latex allergy. What type of goggles are you using? Maybe swithc to Swedes.

Re: goggle rash [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using Seal Goggles.

I was thinking about trying the mask just because it would at least be hitting my face at a different place. It's just at the 2 spots, not everywhere that the latex touches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had that kind of patchy mild dermatitus with both foam seal and latex seal goggles. It went away entirely when I switched to swedes.
Quote Reply