Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2k
Quote | Reply
anyone know where I can find a Cervelo P2k frame (or comlete bike) for a buildup? I have checked ebay....nothing....local shops....nothing. Think if I were to call Cervelo, they might have one of last years laying around? I don't care for the P2sl after really looking at it and riding it. This will be my first Tri-bike and figure I may be able save some money buy getting last years model or a used one.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [k-factorfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what size are you looking? I've got a 2002 size 58 P2K for sale. Let me know if you want pics or more details.

Regards,
Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was one on ebay (size 54 I think) that ended recently, and I don't think it met the reserve, so it may be listed again -- keep your eyes peeled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's one heck of a great bike. All kinds of used ones for sale if you really look. Be patient on ebay. I purchased a used P2K frame from ebay and transfered all the components from my QR Kilo a few years back. The P2K was far superior. Just be sure to get the right size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just curious...why do you not like the P2 SL? And why do you think you'll like the P2K better?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the input. I think a size 54 or 56 is whats going to work. I have a size 56 Felt road bike but my understanding is that the 2005 Cervelos ran a bit bigger and I would fit a 54. (5'11', 205 lbs with a 31 inch inseam)

I am not saying the Cervelo P2SL is a bad bike ...I just prefer the look and stiffness of the P2K.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the P2 SL was the same bike with a different finish - so stiffness differential?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at least when I rode it it felt different........

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm - interesting! Anyone...anyone...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a difference in the frames. but whether one could notice the difference while riding is another matter.

the p2sl has the same geometry as the slightly older series p2ks: these were the ones that were painted in a 1/2 blue and 1/2 white paint scheme, and before that powder-coated in a single color of deep metallic blue. the 2005 p2k (painted in all white) has a slightly different geometry and sizing than all these other p2 frames.

and the p2sl has single-pass welds, not the double-pass welds that are on all the other p2K frames.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
either way....the post is about finding a P2k frame not about if you think there is a difference in the two bikes. No offense but I would like a P2k not a P2sl. I have ridden both and felt the P2k to be a better fit for me and it felt stiffer. (I did ride them in the same day so it was pretty fresh in my memory what they felt like) besides that, who cares and why would it matter to you one bit if I liked one bike over the other...(let me know if your going to pay for it)......is this bag on Lloyd day? Trying to make me feel like an idiot for favoring a bike that you feel there is not alot of difference between it and another? Unless you have a P2k frame, why does this post concern you one little bit?

I wrote a post not long ago about ALOT of the people I have met that are involved in Triathlons (yes I am new and this will be my first year) and my point was that most of the people I have ran across have been very judgemental and snobby and to be blunt, quite the assholes......please try not to fall in this catagory.

I do appreciate the information on the difference between the frames.........but who are you to tell me is I can feel the difference between the frames or not?

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first of all, i think you misunderstand. to answer your question, yes, i have a p2k. and i understand your preference. and there are bunch of differences between the bikes, but only a few very small differences between the frames. if you can feel the differences, more power to you. i wasn't saying it was impossible to feel them, but just that it might be very difficult to feel them.

keep checking ebay. if you are patient, you will see new and lightly used p2k (like the ones you want) bikes and frames very often, especially as spring gets closer.

Last edited by: Greg X: Jan 16, 06 13:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hee hee. kfactor just called Greg an A-hole. Yet another kitty to be rubbed the wrong way by Mr. X.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [Deus ex Machina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not ripping on ya' dude! I used to have a '03 P2K and I am just curious. That's all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate everyones input....keep on riding. :)

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2005 p2k with Ultegra 10, bought it last May and has no more than 1000 miles on it.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [Deus ex Machina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure about the 'kitty' part, but i was actually trying to support what the guy was saying: the various frames are indeed different, just not very different.

people sometimes take things in completely unexpected ways. oh well....

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [cerivero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carlos,

What size is it. Send a few pictures to dwtdct@aol.com and lets see what we have.

Thanks

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
54, pics to your email
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez, it kind of shows you how over-obsessed some of these triathlete guys are, and how the conversation somehow becomes about them. The fellow was only asking for a little help in locating a frame, NOT asking for opinions.

k-factor - there are many great and helpful people here who will go out of their way to help you out. But there is also a significant demographic of know-it-all, buy the best or not at all, I'm faster than you, my frame is stiffer than yours, tech-geeks here. Good on ya for calling them what they are!

Triathlon is expensive enough...it doesn't need to be snobby too!

If you don't have any luck here, keep looking on ebay. P2K's will always turn up, and quite often as a frame only. We got a steal for my wife last summer on ebay on a P2K. And I for one prefer the feel of the P2k to the new P2SL or P3. But ultimately I love the Cannondale even more!
Last edited by: GearGrinder: Jan 16, 06 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the support geargrinder. Best of luck on this upcoming season and in life.

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try Endurosport in Toronto - back in the fall they were clearing out bikes from the factory warehouse with cosmetic defects at substantial discounts. I picked up a complete bike ('04 P2K) for C$1000 cheaper than their regular price, and for only a few minor paint chips. Could be worth checking out, they might still have some in stock although the ad for that sale isn't on their website any more.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2k [Crimmsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey..thanks for the headsup/ I will check out the website and maybe give em a call

Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe try one of the major online retailers...all3sports.com and nytro.com. Give them a call - don't just look on the web. Both are major Cervelo dealers, and with the new P2Carbon coming out, they may really be clearing out the P2K's. I would think someone like all3sports could probably point you in the right direction in terms of getting a frame, if they don't have one themselves.

Like someone else also mentioned, Endurosport.com should be able to help. Again, give them a call, don't go by the web page - it's not very up to date. These guys are a large Canadian distributor for Cervelo, and are in the same city as the Cervelo factory, so they have access to all sorts of odds and ends that other retailers wouldn't necessarily know about. They have pretty strong ties to Cervelo, and could probably help you out. Dan is the owner, and he's a good guy.

If the shops fail, they will turn up on ebay...guaranteed. There is quite often a huge sock of P2K's up for sale at any given time, so just be patient and wait.

Good luck.
Quote Reply