Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma Review / First Impressions
Quote | Reply
I am very fortunate to have been able to get one of the new Scott Plasma tri bikes. (Disclaimer - I do not work for Scott.)

Here is how my bike is built:
Scott Plasma Pro Frame (Yellow Team model color) – Size L
Scott CR1 Pro Carbon Fork
Ultegra 10sp groupo / DA shifters
Speedplay Zero’s
Full Vision Tech cockpit
Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL’s w/ Vredestein Tri Comps tires

I live in the northeast so I have only put in 20 or so hours on the road but I am really blown away at how well this bike rides and how fast it is -- scary fast. The bike has excellent power transfer and when you stomp on the pedals it’s immediately noticeable. It is very stable and handles really well at high speeds. Cornering, climbing, and descending presented zero problems. I live in an area that is quite hilly and the bike descends exceptionally well and felt very stable when descending in the aero bars. My position is pretty aggressive and while in the aero bars I was completely comfortable and in control. The CR1 fork and carbon tubes make for a smooth ride and the carbon seat post mast only adds to this. I was a little concerned about the perceived lack of adjustability from a one-piece post but this is eliminated by getting the right fit and as mentioned on this forum before you do get adjustability with the clamp.

Fit - I had a local shop with many, many years of fitting experience size and fit me. They were spot-on and so far I am very happy with the end result. I feel this is a combination of their experience and the Plasma’s geometry working for me.

If you are looking for a new tri bike for 2006 I highly recommend you add the Plasma to your list. Scott got it right and with its entry into the tri market with an exceptional bike that immediately puts it on a level with the best. I cannot say enough about this bike!

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Review / First Impressions [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pics that you could post or email? Sounds like a sweet ride.

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply