Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best training trip locations??? [RocketDogEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I'm also from IL...and I must say, all of the locations that everyone has suggested are great! But to save some expense and still get some optimal training, head south! Tennessee and Georgia have some of the best spring riding and amazing climbs, beautiful green landscape...I am also taking a spring break trip this year and heading either to Ashville NC, Dahlonega GA, or Chattanooga TN. All excellent locations for swimming, biking and running. Great training and southern hospitality!

Also, don't overlook southern IL for some quick trips...you'd be really amazed at the amount of intense training that you can get in down there in the Shawnee.

Cheers,

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Best training trip locations??? [fstnic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be my first spring in Austin, so I may be wrong, but with weather now in the 70s every day, I would expect it to be at least that warm or warmer when you get here. The riding is good, with some flat areas and of course the hill country to really hit it hard.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next