Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Ironman Champion

Joe Bonness

to hold bike seminar and ride at the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon

Ironman World Champion Age-Grouper, Joe Bonness will hold a seminar and lead a bike ride at the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon. The Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon is part of the Ironman 70.3 Series and a qualifier for the Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater, Florida.

Bonness is arguably the best age-group athlete in Ironman history. He entered in his first triathlon in 1984, became addicted in 1987, and has raced over 200 triathlons of all distances. Joe has started 49 Ironman races and has 29 age group wins, with an Ironman PR time of 9:09. He has ten standing Ironman course records, and 12 Hawaii Ironman finishes.

Joe’s Recent Triathlon Accomplishments

2005 Inside Triathlon Magazine “Amateur Triathlete of the Year”

2005 Ironman Florida 9:18. The 50-54 Age Group Ironman World Record.

2005 Overall Win at Great Floridian “Oldest overall winner of an Iron Distance race”.

The only three time overall winner of the Great Floridian Triathlon.

2005 Ironman USA Lake Placid 11th overall

2004 World Champion 45-49 AG Ironman Hawaii

2003 The World Triathlon Corp Outstanding Amateur Athlete Award for 2003

2003 IMNA Ironman National Champion 45-49 AG

2001 “Amateur Triathlete of the Year” Triathlete Magazine

2001 “Age Group Triathlete of the Year” Inside Triathlon magazine

2001 Ironman World Champion 45-49 AG

The seminar and bike ride will take place the day before the race on Friday, August 4, 2006 the day before the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon. Joe’s seminar will focus on training for an Ironman bike. After the seminar, Joe will lead a group bike ride on a portion of the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 bike course. There is no cost for this seminar and/or bike ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Joe’s seminar will focus on training for an Ironman bike. After the seminar, Joe will lead a group bike ride on a portion of the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 bike course"

What ???...Joe must be getting soft on us. He should at least be riding the full 56 mile bike course the day before? (or perhaps he is whipping off a quick 56 before the seminar...)
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Joe Bonness sleeps with a night light. Not because Joe Bonness is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Joe Bonness
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Kevin Moats will be there in the crowd heckling him......
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin will be out in front of Joe during the bike looking for GTG officials with the mirror on his helmet. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good one Tom!

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ???...Joe must be getting soft on us. He should at least be riding the full 56 mile bike course the day before? (or perhaps he is whipping off a quick 56 before the seminar...)

Paul, Joe says he will be doing 56 mile ride on race day, but they will have to go at his pace.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, can you help me find the 2005 results? They don't seem to be showing up.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking for this the other day and had problems finding it as the original location is no longer working.

I finally found a copy at the following link.

http://www.springcitytri.org/RaceResults/2005Results/Steelhead05/Steelhead05%20overall.txt

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Joe Bonness Seminar at Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon [gavnunns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Kevin will be out in front of Joe during the bike looking for GTG officials with the mirror on his helmet. Z

Why aren't helemet mirrors illegal? I don't buy the safety argument. I really doubt some errant driver is going to veer on to an IM course and kill someone from behind. Besides a rider has ears don't they?

I think Hawaii's outcome would have been different w/o mirrors.

Memo to Graham Fraser: No mirrors. It's cheating.
Quote Reply